Chapter Two

We walked into the mansion and some guy took my suitcase for me.
"Allow me to show you to your rooms." He said.
Me and Peter followed him and he led us up some stairs to a hallway. Our rooms are pretty much right next to each other. He gives me my suitcase and I walk in my room. I walk out into the beautiful balcony and look out over everything. I walk back out and see Peter waiting for me.
"We need to get to a meeting, and everyone said you were welcome to join us." He said.
I nodded. "Okay, sounds like fun."
I followed him to a big room with a table. I froze for a moment when I saw everyone who was sitting at the table. Captain America, black widow, Tony Stark, and Thor. I fangirled a little, and walked with Peter to sit down.
"We saved you two seats beside each other so you would be more comfortable, Nikki." Cap said.
"Thanks." I said quietly.
I was sitting between Peter and Thor. I'm not a big fan of Thor, he's loud and kinda obnoxious. The meeting started and I learned so much about Loki, and the Avengers.
"Okay, Nikki." Mr. Stark said.
All eyes were on me. Not good for a shy kid. "If you see Loki, let one of us know immediately."
"Yes sir." I said.
"And Peter, that goes for you too. Don't fight him alone."
Peter rolled his eyes. "I could handle him." He mumbled where only I could hear him.
"And now for some house rules for the new comer." Cap said.
I nodded. I mean, how many rules can there be? He went over some rules, fairly simple. What time I needed to be in my room by, and he gave a map of the mansion. Literally a map. I saw the computer lab and smiled.
"And yes, Nikki. You may use the computer lab." Mr. Stark said, as if reading my mind.
He knows I'm a nerd.
"And to everyone who is wondering why she is welcome here, she is extremely smart. Top of her class, extremely high IQ." Mr. Stark boasted as if I was his own kid.
It was still pretty early when the meeting was over, so I went back to my room and dozed of for about an hour. When I woke up it was lunch time.
"Nikki, Cap is taking me and you out for pizza if you want it." Peter said.
"Duh I want pizza!" I said and got up.
I felt a little better after getting more rest. Me and Peter were up late last night talking about today. I got up and got my shoes on and joined Peter walking outside.
"I call shotgun!" I said and raced to the front.
It's going to be nice to ride in a normal car. We got to the pizza place and we went inside. It was buffet and I was starving. There was also an arcade in the back. I was excited for that. We got our food and sat down.
"Are you enjoying yourself so far?" Cap asked me.
I nodded as I stretched melted cheese from my pizza. I grabbed a napkin and laughed.
"Yeah, it's so interesting how everyone has a place." I said.
I finished my pizza, after like 8 slices. "Can I go to the arcade?" I asked, and cap nodded.
"Do you need money?" He asked and took out his wallet.
"No, I'll pay for us to play a few games." Peter said and we walked to the arcade.
"Thanks for paying." I said.
We each got 10 dollars worth of quarters from the change machine and started playing some video games.
"I'll be right back. I need to get my phone." Peter said and walked back to the booth.
I was alone in the arcade when I saw a figure in the corner.it was a tall man dressed in mostly green. He gave an evil grin, then vanished into thin air.
"What the?" I said to myself.
"What?" Peter asked as he walked back in.
"Huh? Oh n-nothing." I said.
"Okay." Pete said.
We used our quarters and went back to the booth where Cap was on the phone. It sounded urgent.
"Guys, we have to go. I'm dropping you two off and then we're going somewhere. Someone thinks they saw Loki." Cap said.
We walked out to the car, this time Peter rode shotgun. He dropped us off at the mansion and everyone left, leaving me and Peter alone for the rest of the day.