Chapter 4

I opened my eyes to see, well, nothing really. It was a dark room. The man turned on the light. He looked at me as if studying me. As if reading my mind.
'Who is he?' I thought.
"I'm Loki, of Asgard!" He said.
Maybe he did read my mind. Well, crap. Of course I would get myself into this mess.
I looked around the room. It was mostly empty, with a bed in the corner.
"Darling, you needn't be so shy." He said.
I blushed and looked down. I have to admit, Loki was pretty attractive. But don't judge! He had raven black hair, and these blueish greenish eyes. And he was tall.
"Why did you take me?" I asked quietly.
"There's your voice." He said. "Quiet and soft, and sweet."
I could feel my face turn red. He tilted my chin up, and I shifted my gaze to look down.
"Ah, no darling. Look me in the eyes."
I tried not to, but I looked up into his eyes. Wow they were mesmerizing.
"You're beautiful you know, sweetheart." He said.
I shook my head out of his hand and looked down. I have boring hazel eyes, brown hair with a red streak in it. I'm not skinny, and I have acne. I'm not beautiful.
"They are not flaws, they make you beautiful." He said.
Okay yeah he's reading my mind. I started picking the polish off my nails.
"You look nervous. Is something wrong?"
"Well, you did just kidnap me from my room. And now you're flirting with me." I said.
"Oh, well I can't help it. I've never seen anyone more beautiful."
I thought for a minute. I did the math earlier, and he's about 17 in earth years. Never thought I'd ever say earth years. But that means we're about the same age. He just doesn't look it.
"Do you want to sit?" He asked gesturing to a couch he had just made appear.
Seeing how I didn't really have much choice, I sat and he sat down beside me.
"What do you like to do?" He asked.
Why does he even care? He kidnapped me! And what was with the flirting? He is confusing me so much! I shrugged.
"Do you like reading?" He asked.
I nodded, and he smiled. Now I'm even more confused. He gestured to a bookshelf. What the? When did that get here?
"I made it appear." Loki said.
"What, can you read my mind or something?" I said sarcastically.
He chuckled and nodded. Well I was being sarcastic, but good to know.
"But only when I'm trying." He said.
Loki is a mix of attractive, irritating, and actually quite interesting. I need to learn more about him. I walked over to the bookshelf and checked out the books on it. There were a lot of them. I dropped to my knees to look at the books closer. I was surprised to see a lot of books I enjoyed, along with plenty of books I had never even heard of. I took one off the shelf I had never seen before, and opened it.
"I see you're enjoying an Asgardian book." Loki said.
I looked up to him standing over me, and realized I was still sitting on the floor. He sat down beside me.
"That's one of my favorites." He said.
I looked back at the bookshelf and saw my favorite book. The entire series was there! I picked up the book titled 'Land of Stories, The Wishing Spell'.
"This is one of my favorites." I said.
I handed him the book and he read the description on the back.
"Interesting." He said.
We sat on the floor for what felt like hours, just talking about books. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad...