Chapter 15

I laid on my bed, just thinking about what I was going to do. I weigh the options, and think about it for a while. I fell asleep because I was so tired from the events that took place the past few days. Maybe some sleep would be good for me. I slept through the rest of the day. When I woke up it was dinner time. Peter came in and woke me up.
"Nikki, it's time to eat." He said.
"Not hungry."
"We have food from your favorite restaurant." He tried to bribe me.
He knows my favorite restaurant was the Korean one that I could only afford like, once every two months.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah. Now cmon before it gets cold." He said.
I got up and straightened myself up so I didn't look like I was homeless. I walked out of my room, and Peter was waiting for me. We went down to the kitchen and we got some food. I sat in a chair at the bar. Honestly I wasn't hungry. I normally wasn't. I made myself eat a little, but I mostly just stared at my plate.
"Where is everyone?" I asked.
"Their on a mission. They left us here." He said.
I nodded. Then I remembered what had happened earlier.
"Did you hear the news?" I asked.
"What?"
"As of Wednesday, I will be an Avenger."
I said.
"What? Really? That's amazing!" He said.
He hugged me, and then I think he remembered our conversation  earlier. He backed away and gave me a look.
"What are you gonna do?"
I shook my head. "I don't know."
I have some decisions to make, and I'm hoping Peter will help me make the right one. We sat and talked for hours trying to figure out what to do. He knew I wanted to see Loki, but he also knew if I was caught I wouldn't be allowed to be an Avenger, or even be able to come back here. I checked my phone. It's 8:30. I sighed. I knew what I was going to do, and Peter knew it too.
"When are you going down there?" He asked.
"I don't know. Depends on how long the mission will take."
"Well, they left right before I went to get you. Natasha brought the food, then they left."
I nodded. Most of the missions take a while, but I wasn't sure how long exactly this one will take.
"I think I'll wait until everyone goes to bed tonight. Then I'll wake you up and sneak down there."
"Okay. What do you want to do in the mean time?"
"We could play cards." I suggested.
"Or Scrabble." Peter said.
We kept going back and forth naming games for like, ten minutes.
"Okay, how about Monopoly?" I said.
"Sure. Why not." Peter finally agreed.
We looked in the game closet (yes, they have a game closet) and got Monopoly.
We sat at the table in the den and played for hours. We were in the middle of the first game when everyone walked in.
"How'd the mission go?" I asked.
"It was a mission." Clint said.
What did I expect him to say? I checked my phone. It's almost midnight. We had just played a 4 hour long game of Monopoly, and we're still not finished. I guess that's what you get with two students that aced business math.
"We can finish this game tomorrow. I'm worn out." I said.
Peter nodded, and we walked up the stairs.
"Are you really gonna do it?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Yeah, first time I'm actually doing something that could legitimately get me arrested." I said.
Peter nodded.
"Come get me when you're going down there, okay?"
I nodded. But truly, I wasn't planning on it. I wanted to talk to Loki alone. I went in my room, and he went in his. I waited up, and kept checking to see if anyone was still up. No one noticed me, because I have the skill of being able to walk super quietly. One time I checked and everyone was in bed. I checked my phone, 3 am. I took my bag with me, and got ready to walk out of my room. If I wanted to see Loki, it was now or never. Let's just hope I don't get caught.