30. Breaking

I wake up the next morning to the sound of persistent knocks on Josh and I's bedroom door. I chuckle as I look over to Josh who is still fast asleep beside me, oblivious to our daughter outside our door. "Baby" I whisper, shaking him awake. "It's Christmas." This causes his eyes to pop open and stare back into mine. The bright blue takes my breath away. Sometimes it hit me just how handsome Josh was. He was every girl's dream guy.

"I wonder if Santa came" he replies making me giggle as we both climb out of bed. Josh pulls on a pair of pajama pants since he only slept in his boxers while I went to open the door.

"Finally" Emma exclaims making me giggle as I lean against the open door for support in my exhausted state. I was glad that Josh let me get a little extra sleep last night otherwise I'd be Scrooge.

"What?" Josh asks innocently as he comes to join me, wrapping me up in his arms. "Do you think there's something waiting for you in the living room?" he asks playfully causing Emma to begin jumping up and down.

"Santa" she exclaims excitedly making Josh and I share a smile. Christmas was one of those days that made me realize how much more of a blessing Emma was than an accident. Emma was only a little over three months during her first Christmas. I was still adjusting to being a mother and I wasn't doing too well emotionally but something about watching my three month old sitting in a box and giggling while the toys stayed scattered around the living room made me realize how joyful being a mom could be. Since then Christmas morning has always been one of my favorite traditions.

"Let's go see" I smile as I take my daughter's hand and lead her off down the hallway. When she sees her presents her eyes brighten and she drops my hand, running towards them. Josh and I settle onto the couch and watch her begin to tear wrapping paper from every present in sight until they're all unwrapped and she's in a daze.

"Can we watch this?" she asks hopefully.

"Of course we can kiddo" Josh smiles as he stands up and takes the movie from our daughter while kneeling down and giving her a kiss to the cheek. "But there's one more thing" he adds making her eyes widen as she looks between Josh and I.

He nods to me and I can barely contain my excitement. "Mama and daddy are gonna take you to get your ears pierced" I explain causing her eyes to widen.

"Really?" she shouts. I smile, nodding my head. "Yay" she claps excitedly. "Can I bring Lambie?" she asks hopefully making my face soften as I nod.

"Of course you can. Who else is gonna cuddle you?" I ask causing a smile to pull at my daughter's lips as the new DVD comes to life on the television.

"I'll be back" she exclaims as she scurries off to her room while Josh sits beside me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I think we did good" he whispers as a smile pulls at my lips and I nod.

"I think we did better than good" I reply. "I think we hit this one out of the park." He smirks as he leans forward to kiss the soft spot below my ear.

"A homerun huh? Think we could hit one of our own later?" he asks making my skin tingle as he trails kisses down my neck causing me to bite my lip to stifle a moan.

"Yes" I sigh causing him to chuckle as little footsteps running back into the room cause us to pull apart. I clear my throat as my daughter settles onto the ground with her zoo. I jump off the couch and smile down at my family. "I think I'm gonna make some breakfast." I head off to the kitchen and dig around the cabinets for the pancake mix but what I find is my cell phone on the counter. I furrow my eyebrows as I grab it. I knew I had left it in my room last night. I open my messages and my threat with Matt has disappeared. I look into the living room at Josh and shake my head. He wouldn't have gone through my phone, not after I was so honest with him yesterday. I put my phone back down and decide not to ruin the holiday but reminding myself to ask him about it later.