«Çhapter Sixteen»

A/N: THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1 k VIEWS FOR THIS BOOK

Recap: When we got to a turn I heard the sound of chains rattling...

From right outside the ambulance doors...

"We're stuck here! He must've somehow chained it shut without us hearing or noticing after we got in!!" Garroth said.

"Or there's a spy around who's been telling him exactly where Aphmau is at all times." I said.

"Either way we're stuck here. Trapped. With Zach in the front." I said and Garroth started hyperventilating and freaking out.

"That means.... we're stuck.... here.... with a.... murderer..."
*********************

Aaron's POV

"So what should we do?!" Garroth asked.

"Calm down Garroth. I'm sure we'll figure something out." I said but at that moment the ambulance stopped and the sound of rattling chains filled my ears.

"He's coming." I whispered.

Garroth's face grew pale and he stood protective in front of Aphmau.

A thousand thoughts flashed through my mind but I focused on the sound of my heartbeat.

As soon as Zach opened the back doors of the ambulance I did the last thing I could've imagined.

I punched Zach and shoved him down, beating him to a pulp.

My blood went cold when he pulled something out of his pocket.

I felt a sharp pain in my ribcage and saw red oozing from it.

I coughed and the bitter, salty, metallic taste of blood filled my mouth and I coughed it out.

Zach shoved me to the side and pulled out a gun, holding it to my head.

"N-no..." a frail voice said and I realized it was my own.

He cocked the gun and smiled a sick smile.

"Get ready to die Lycan!" He said and spat the last word as if it was poison.

It was then that he pulled the trigger.

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!" A voice screamed and I saw a flash of black hair as I was pushed to the side.

I saw Garroth tackle Zach and punch him repeatedly until Zach fell unconscious.

My eyes welled up with tears as I saw what the bullet had hit.

Aphmau.

"No..." I said in a hoarse whisper as I hugged her frail body.

I saw Garroth with his eyes wide.

"I tried to stop her.. I screamed and tried to hold her back.. I'm so sorry.." Garroth said and started to cry.

"Why her...? She's gone through so much... why is it always her? It's not fair! She deserves to live a peaceful life! She deserves better than this! It's not fair!" I screamed and slammed my fists on the ground.

Aphmau opened her eyes and I saw that her once bright hazel eyes were now dull and nearly lifeless.

"Aaron.. she can--" Garroth said but was cut off.

By Aphmau.

"Aaron... I-I'm s-so-sorry f-for a-acting like I h-hated you.. I--" She said but went limp as her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

"Aphmau!!!!" I screamed and several people nearby ran over and tried to pull me away from her.

I won't accept it.

I won't let her die.

"I WON'T LET YOU LEAVE ME!" I screamed and clutched her body tight against my chest.

Garroth was crying and tried to pull me away from her but I wouldn't let him.

I won't accept that she's gone.

She has to live.

She has to..

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter! I hope you enjoyed it anyway!

Have an amazing day you amazing turtle cakes!! 🐢🎂😸