«Çhapter Ševenteen»

Recap: I won't accept it.

I won't let her die.

"I WON'T LET YOU LEAVE ME!" I screamed and clutched her body tight against my chest.

Garroth was crying and tried to pull me away from her but I wouldn't let him.

I won't accept that she's gone.

She has to live.

She has to..
***********
Aaron's POV

"Sir, I'm gonna need you to step away from the body." A police officer said as others cuffed Zach.

"I WON'T LET HER LEAVE ME!!! I WON'T!" I screamed and held on to her tighter.

"Aaron! Let her GO!" Garroth said and pulled me away as tears streamed down his face.

"What's going on here? Oh my Irene! Mija!" A voice screeched and Sylvanna pushed in front of the crowd of people.

Her eyes widened when she saw Zach.

"YOU DID THIS! YOU KILLED MY DAUGHTER!" She yelled and punched him.

Tears were streaming down my face.

How could I let this happen?

It's not your fault.

Why couldn't I help her?

She tried to help YOU.

Why is life so unfair?

The world isn't fair, there is life and there is death.

"Why... why... WHY?!" I yelled and slammed my fists down.

It couldn't be stopped, her time had come.

"I won't accept it! I can't!" I yelled and tears flowed down my face like a waterfall.

You need to move on.

"WHY?! WHY IS THE WORLD SO UNFAIR?! HER DEATH IS MY FAULT!" I yelled.

Stop blaming yourself, even in death she is still here with you.

I suddenly fell silent and stared at the ground as I wiped away my tears.

"She's gone and no amount of yelling will bring her back. We all need to accept that she's gone and make her death not be in vain." I said and everyone looked at me.

"Aaron.." Sylvanna said.

"I still blame myself for this. No amount of screaming and crying will bring her back though. We all need to accept that she's gone and we need to make the world a better place so no one else has to go through the painful life she went through. Her death won't be in vain." I said and Sylvanna wiped her tears away and nodded.

"It doesn't mean I'm not gonna miss her. She meant a lot to me. More than you would know. She was my best friend as kids and she had a special place in all of our hearts. No amount of grieving will ever make us NOT miss her. But we have to move on. We have to." I said and tears threatened to fall again but I wouldn't let them.

"I'm sure if she were still here she would say the same. She would want us to be happy. She would want us to move on. She would want us to make the world a better place." I said and everyone, even the strangers that had gathered, had tears in their eyes.

She meant the world to each and every one of us.

"We need to keep smiling." I said.

Even when she had a tough day she would keep smiling.

"We need to make sure her memory lives on. She meant the world to me. She meant the world to all of us."

She would want us to keep smiling.

"Even in death she still lives on. As long as we have a place for her in our hearts, as long as we don't forget all that she went through and kept smiling, her memory will live on."

We need to accept that she is gone, we need to keep smiling.

"We need to smile even when we feel down, we need to help others, we need to make sure everyone lives their lives to the fullest. That's what she would want. That's what Aphmau would want."

She would want us all to smile.

"Even in her darkest days she kept on pushing through and smiling. She wouldn't want us to give up all happiness. She would want us all to keep smiling."

It's what she would have wanted.

I looked up and saw that my whole little 'speech' had been recorded on a TV camera.

"We need to move on. Aphmau wouldn't want us to dwell on the past. She would want us to smile. She would want us to get on with our lives. That's what I'm gonna do." I said and smiled through my tears.

She's in a better place, she can finally be at peace.

"She's watching us from the clouds above. She's like an angel in the sky. She was the light in our lives. It's time for us to be the same."

I heard clapping and saw a ton of people around me with tears streaming down their faces and smiles.

"We will never forget her. May her death not be in vain!" I said and the applause grew louder.

She would be happy..

"It doesn't mean we're not gonna miss her. She will always have a place in our hearts."

She will never be forgotten.

Aphmau's memory shall live on.

A/N this is NOT the last chapter of the book. I still plan to write a few more!

Have an amazing day you amazing turtle cakes! <3 🐢🎂