Çhapter Twenty Nine

Enjoy the *cringes* sappy music.

Recap: "Fine."

"Yay! Thanks so much!" Lola said and hugged me.

Maybe...

Just maybe...

Ana will go away if I eat...

Just...

Maybe...

Lola's POV

"Garroth." I said into the phone as I called him.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"We need to talk." I said.

"About what?"

"Meet me in the courtyard after school today." I said.

"Alright, Lola."

Why does he have to do this to me?

This choice is hard enough already.

"Mk. Bye." Was all I managed to say as I hung up.

Le tiem skipperdoodle... (that's TOTALLY a word now :3)

After school Garroth found me sitting on a bench under the sakura tree with tears threatening to spill out of my eyes.

"Hey Lola!" He said as he approached me.

"I think we need our space."

"What?"

"You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about!" I said and held up a tape recorder.

"My brother found THIS by your backpack!" I said and tears were running down my face.

His eyes widened as I pressed play.

"Hey Cad, it's Garroth. I'm glad we have our project together, it's giving me more time to spend with you alone. Your brother's fine with us dating, as long as it's fine with you. I hope we can get together someday and become official."

"You weren't--- how did you get that?" Garroth asked.

I buried my head in my hands and continued crying.

"I think it's best you never come near my sister again." A voice said ans Ein put his hands on my shoulders.

"Haven't you already caused my sister enough pain? It made her jealous when she saw you with that Cadenza girl, and now she finds out you were planning to cheat on her?" Ein asked in a dark voice.

"She gave up EVERYTHING for you, Garroth. She TRUSTED you. But was this all fake? Was your love for her an act? A LIE?" Ein asked.

I might not get along with him, but Ein is my brother, and you've got to love him at times.

Flashback

I sat on the sidewalk crying as I held my scraped knee.

"Lola! Arwe ywou owkay?" Ein asked as he rushed to my side.

"I fewll." I sobbed.

Ein hugged me as tight as his three year old self could.

"It's okay, you'll be okay. Let's get you patched up." He said and I hugged him back and cried into his shoulder.

"I swear, those twins have grown close since their father died." One of our neighbours said.

"It's good to see them not trying to rip each other's throats out. Literally." Another said. Really? Werewolf jokes?