Chapter 12

"Wake up sleepy head" said Sarah as she sat on my bed. Crystal was also an accomplice to her as she opened up the curtains, letting in all the rays of sunshine.

"Why so early?" I asked sleepily as I got up and went to the bathroom. "Because, we are going to the mall" said Sarah. "What she said" said Crystal.

My reflection was horrible. With all the smudged makeup from last night, I looked more like a zombie than a vampire. I removed the makeup and then brushed my teeth. Then I went into the shower and had a nice long bath.

"Would you hurry it up in there Mira, we don't have all day" shouted Sarah. "Coming" I said as I wrapped myself in a towel and headed back into the room.

I went to my closet and got myself a set of grey jogging suit and put them on. The time was getting quite chilly so I had to dress to fit the atmosphere.

I put my hair into a ponytail then went into my room. I realised that both girls had already gotten ready, being that they slept over last night. "Guys ready?" I asked. "Yup" said Sarah distractedly while Crystal hummed as a reply.

"The girls are out, so don't worry" I told them, referring to the twins and their mother. "Where we going for breakfast?" asked Sarah and as if on cue her stomach grumbled. "I say we go pay our special friend a visit over at Tasty Bites" said Crystal.

We all laughed as we exited the house and went to Sarah's van.

_________________________

"Welcome to Tasty Bites. May I take your order?" Drake gritted through his teeth. "Well I'll have your dignity on a silver platter, with a side of your crushed ego. You girls want anything?" asked Crystal innocently.

Sarah and I laughed at this. "I'll have 4 pancakes with a side of scrambled eggs and a hot chocolate" I ordered. "I'll have the same but coffee instead of hot chocolate" said Sarah. "I'll have hash browns with eggs and bacon, iced tea" ordered Crystal.

Drake wrote all this down then rolled his eyes before he walked away. "So Mira, Friday is your birthday. What you gonna do?" asked Sarah. "Friday is your birthday, no way. Friday is my mom's birthday too" said Crystal.

"I don't know, maybe we could go to the movies or something" I suggested with a shrug of my shoulder. Not really feeling the celebration mood. "I'm so getting you a cellphone" she said while diverting her attention to her own phone.

I didn't give her a reaction, I just looked around the place aimlessly. "You up for paintball shooting?" Crystal asked. "Yes, that would be so fun!" shrieked Sarah. "Sure, whatever" I said, not really interested.

"Come on Miranda, stop being so gloomy. It's your 18th birthday for crying out loud " said Sarah with an exaggerated sigh. "I'm not gloomy, I just don't get all the fuss" I admitted.

"Here's your order" said Drake reluctantly, as he came up to us with two trays in his hand. "Thank you " I said and they all looked at me wide mouthed. "What?" I questioned. "He's a jerk, he doesn't deserve a thank you" said Crystal.

"It's just how I've been grown, it's instinct, I didn't even realize it. It's no big deal anyway" I said while I started to pour maple syrup on my pancakes.

"I'll be back with your bill shortly" said Drake through his teeth as he left. Whatever.

______________

Monday morning, the hallways were filled with whispers about what could have possibly happened to Ashton's nose. I knew that I was responsible for it but I kept an innocent act all throughout.

At lunch time Sarah, Crystal and I sat at our table and Drake, Ashton and their friends sat at their own table across from ours. I heard Ashton telling his friends how he "Stopped a mugging and only got a broken nose and the other guy ended up in the hospital".

"Oh really now?" I said while I laughed along with the girls. I stretched my feet out into the hallway, coincidentally the same time as Julie, the cheer leading captain, was passing by. She fell and landed right in a bowl of chili on Ashton's table.

"Oh my gosh" I gasped as I jumped to my feet. "I'm so sorry" I said. "You bitch" she screamed as she slapped me hard across the face. Tears brimmed my eyes. I ran as fast as I could, to escape the prying eyes. "Miranda!" I heard somebody scream.

I turned around just in time to see Ashton jump up from his table. That only made me run faster. I dont know where to, all I know is that I left the school grounds and kept running.

****************

Please Comment, Vote and Follow
~A