Proove yourself- Janko Tipsarevic

Katie p o v

"Why don't we go to a movie this weekend?" My dear Janko questioned while we sit on the lawn in the nearby park from his house.

"Can't. I have my cousins wedding this weekend. I'd much rather spend my time with you however." I bring my head up from his lap, connecting my lips to his.

When I open my eyes from our moment of passion I sigh. "What's wrong?"

He hesitates but I pry a responds from him. "I didn't know anything about the wedding. I just want to spend time with you before my next tournament."

I feel awful. I know what he is trying to do though, he is hoping I will ask him to join me. He knows the situation and why I won't.

"Janko, you know my parents detest you. I don't want to cause a scene, especially at a wedding" I explain.

"Yeah. Well what are you going to do if we decide to get married and your parents still don't know we never broke up? Then what will happen? I love you Katie and don't want to keep running as if I'm something I'm not. If we are happy, that's all that matters and any good parent should care about that most for their child" he argues.

I can't do this in public at the moment. "I have to go, pick up my dress. I'll call you later" I shake my head disappointed in everything. Why is he so angry? Why did it have to turn into an argument?

We couldn't carry on like that so I just had to leave.

*
*
*
(At the wedding)

I smile as the newlyweds walk into the dining hall. It was so cute to see them take the next step in their relationship. Oh Janko. Today has just been a reminder as to my relationship with him.

Taking my seat I hear people making toasts but don't pay much attention. Janko has grabbed all of it and he is nowhere near.

"Can we talk?" I hear behind me. I turn to see who is invading my personal space and nearly scream when I see Janko here, at my cousins wedding, where my parents currently are.

He takes my hand and guides me to the back of the room where no one is paying attention to.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper.

"I couldn't stand not seeing you. Katie I'm so in love with you and it kills me that your parents don't know me. They think they do but they only see the guy on the tennis court and that's not actually me. I step away from the court and become a completely different person. They don't know me because I never gave them a chance. We've never pushed it and if this relationship means anything to you like it does me you won't care what people think. I want to be with you and once we start standing up to them we won't have to worry about anything. We can be the crazy kids in love that we are when they are away" he says.

"He's proved it enough" I hear behind me and see mom. "No one goes this far if they don't care about you and he shows us he does. No one wants to sit through a wedding even if they have to but he didn't have to and still came. Only a good guy would want to be around your cousin on her wedding day" mom took a stab at the family that gets on her nerves often.

I chuckle before turning around and kissing Janko, in public, by my mother.

"I'm so in love with you Janko" I smile, resting my head on his chest as he pulls me into a hug.

"I couldn't love you anymore if I tried Katie" he said swaying us side to side.

Who would have thought we would have the first dance at this wedding before my cousin and her husband?

Imagine for @PedalToTheFloor

Sorry it took me so long to update but I started college last week and its been an adjustment

Anyway I hope you enjoy and if you would like an imagine or just want something about a specific person please comment and I will try to not take so long with the next few

-Emma