The New Year- Grigor Dimitrov

Melina Pov

I sat in my apartment, dreading the night ahead. Normally, I love my friends' New Years party but this year it doesn't bring the excitement that it usually does.

Maybe that has something to do with with the fact that I don't have anyone to go with. I will be standing around a room filled with couples entering the new year together.

Standing up, I walk to my closet and look through all my dresses. In the end I go with a simple, tight fitting black dress with laced sleeves.

I put a nice necklace and earrings that matched. Finishing the outfit with black Caroline heels, I started my hair. I just put curls in it and let them fall naturally not shaping them that much. There is no one I am trying to impress tonight...

"Why am I even trying?" I thought to myself. No one is going to be there Thats available.

I drive over to my friends house around nine and arrive not too long after.

"Hey Emily" I hug my friend.

It doesn't take long before a drink is in my hand and I'm talking to everyone. Soon I see a tall, muscular man is standing in front of me and I smile.

"Hello Melina. I didn't know you were coming to this" he smirked.

"Hey Grigor. How was the season?" I make small talk. Grigor and I were always great friends.

"Great. You should come watch one of my matches some time. I'd love to have you there" he smiles. I blush. I have always found Grigor to be handsome and charming. I just wish he felt the same...

The night went like that for a few hours. Grigor and I were lost in conversation.

We talked about everything: my job, his traveling the world and playing tennis and even going to get dinner before he goes to Australia for the open down under.

"Five... Four... Three... Two....ONEEEE!!" Everyone screams.

Grigor and I turn and see explosions of color in the sky. When I turn to speak I'm stopped by his lips on mine. We move in sync forgetting about all the people around us. "Happy New Year, Melina" he stares deep into my dark brown eyes. I stare back into his. "You're so beautiful" he bites his lip.

I'm left speechless and shocked. Did Grigor just kiss me?

"Happy New Year." I reply.

"Why don't we ditch this loud party and go get some coffee?" He grabs my hand and we walk to the nearby coffee shop, opened all hours.

We sit in the middle of the cafe, sipping our coffee, talking.

"It's crazy to think it is 2018" I state.

"It is. Maybe it will be less crazy if you are mine this year" he suggests.

I bite my lip and blush, agreeing. Happy New Year to me!

Imagine for @melsforever

Sorry it is so short.

I have an idea for a really cute imagine and don't know who to write it about. If you comment who you want this imagine to be about I will write it.

If you would like your own imagine with whomever please comment and I will get it to you as soon as I can!

I hope you enjoy!

-Emma