Hard To Get- Sascha Zverev

Christina p o v

I sat front row at the Wimbledon second round on court 3. Sascha Zverev and Francis Tiafoe walk out on court and the crowd lightly applauded.

Wimbledon is like no other tennis tournament. When your favorite player walks out at any other tournament you scream for them and go slightly crazy. That's not the case at Wimledon. You treat everyone with respect and applaud, for the most part, equally.

We watch on as they dig through their bags, finding everything they need for their match. The coin toss goes to Sascha and he elects to serve first.

They do their warm up and everything and I admire the giant with all his power. Tiafoe goes little on his practice serve while Sascha dominates immediately. They take their seats, sip their multiple drinks then head back onto the court to begin play.

Everyone sits up from their previous stumps and focuses on the two next gen men in front of us.

At first I am amazed by the power these two possess. I was amazed during warm ups and they both found a way to enhance their performances even more.

Sascha and Frances both hold their first few games before Sascha is rewarded with his first break points of the match. Easily he breaks and fist pumps, trying to fire himself up for this match.

Sascha p o v

As the second set comes to a close I fist pump again, knowing I'm playing great tennis.

Just one set away. Periodically I hear faint applauded from the nearby Center Court.

I stand on the line and look at the crowd, waiting for them to quiet down so I can serve to start the third set. That's when I get mildly distracted.

A girl with brown hair in a yellow dress sitting in the front row. How did it take me this long to notice such a beauty?

The crowd silences and I toss the ball, bringing my racquet up, striking the ball, placing it on the line. France's gets it back but it's an overhead. I run up and wait for it to drop to the prime spot. I strike the ball and it bounces over Tiafoe, into the crowd.

Right to the girl in the yellow dress. She puts her hands over her face and everyone around her is focused on her now. What are the odds?

"Are you okay?" I shout across the court.

The person next to her gives me a thumbs up. She stands up with the help of who I'm guessing are her parents and they leave the court. I go back to the line and finish the match out.

I'm slightly distracted with concern for that girl I just hit. I push that aside until I'm shaking Frances' hand, moving into round 3 of Wimbledon. With the help of security I make my way to the players lounge.

"Papa, I know we need to talk about the match but I need to go check on that girl quickly. I'll be right back" I tell my dad and go to the medical area of the property.

"Yellow is there a girl here with brown hair and a yellow dress?" I question.

"Over behind that door" the woman offers me a gentle smile.

Knocking on the door I hear a response and walk in.

"Oh my gosh. Sascha?" She says puzzled.

"Hello." I grin. "I just wanted to apologize for that overhead. The last thing I wanted to do was injure you or anyone else. Actually I thought it was such bad timing. I was looking around the crowd and you got my attention, then the ball hit your face." I explain.

"So you tried this and then felt bad orrrrr?" She questions.

"No no no! I saw you and thought you were beautiful and then ironically the ball hit you and I felt awful" I add.

She smiles. "Oh. Well I'm fine now. Just a bloody nose but that's better now"

I admire her beautiful brown eyes.

"How long will you be here for?" I ask, not moving my attention away from her eyes.

"A week. Then I go home"

"Would you maybe like to go out to dinner. I feel so bad an have to make it up to you. That and you are very beautiful" I blush.

"Not a date. I don't go out with people I don't know. I don't want to end up hurt"

Has she been hurt before? Who would be that cold to try to destroy so a beautiful, nice girl?

"Not a date... A get to know you dinner?" I refuse to take no no matter how hard I have to try to win her over.

"....alright" she smiles and she hands me her number and tell her I'll call her after my meeting with dad to talk about the match.

I will get this girl, mark my words...

Imagine for @MrsSaschaZverev
Hope you enjoy!

If you would like an imagine please comment!

Who are you hoping will win the US Open final tomorrow? Rafa Nadal or Kevin Anderson.

I'm forever a Rafa fan and cheer for him always. Congrats to Sloane Stephens for becoming a grand slam champ today!!!

-Emma