Hurt

Wes's POV
I woke up the next morning to see Remina laying on top of me. Her breath smelled of beer and smoke. I managed to slide off of the bed without waking her up. I got dressed and brushed my teeth. Joven texted me that he was picking me up. I sat on the couch and turned on something to watch while I was waiting. A few minutes later, Remina came into the room. She sat beside me and started playing with my hair. Then she climbed on top of me and tried to take off my shirt.

"Remina, no. I'm not doing this today. Get off." I pushed her off and she crossed her arms.
"Wes, If we're gonna date we have to have sex at some point!" She said grabbing my hand. She wasn't right. She has sex with other guys every night. I snatched my hand back and went outside of the house to wait for Joven.

He eventually came and I got in his car.

"Why were you sitting outside of the house?" He asked.

"It's Remina. I can't stand her. The thing is, if I break up with her, she won't have anywhere to live." Joven looked like he was thinking.

"There are some cheap houses on my street. Maybe she can live there?" I thought to myself. That would be better. NOT having to live with her. We got to the Smoffice and walked inside. I saw Mari at her desk doing something and Lasercorn and Sohinki were doing the same. I looked at Mari again because I thought that I saw something before. She had a bruise on her right shoulder. How did she get a bruise?! I walked over to her and squared down a little. She didn't notice me until I started running my finger along the bruise's outline.

"Wes! You scared me!"

"Sorry. Umm can we talk outside the room?" She gave me a confused look.

"Sure?" She took off her headphones and walked outside the room with me.

"Mari, I saw the bruise." Her face flushed. "What happened? And be honest.

"I was umm cleaning a shelf and a piggybank fell on my shoulder." I didn't believe her.

                              Mari's POV
I couldn't tell Wes what really happened. Peter threw a baseball at my shoulder on purpose. I know it sounds stupid, but he likes fast pitches. It hurt. 

"Mari I don't believe you." He said holding my shoulder. I whimpered in pain because he touched my bruise. "Sorry. Please tell me the truth." I looked up at him with almost watery eyes. I felt someone's presence behind me. Wes took his hands back.

"She is! I saw the piggy-bank fall right on her." Peter. Why was he here? Wes gave him a glare before going back to his desk. I turned around to Peter.

"Were you gonna tell him?" He asked grabbing my wrists.

"N-n-no! Please l-let go of m-me." He did and pushed me back.

"Be home at six today. Any later and you'll have no food." He walked away. I carefully walked back inside and sat down in my chair like nothing happened. Wes looked at me again with worried eyes. I really wanted to tell him.

At lunch I sat by him. I tried to stay away from Lasercorn because he was freaking me out. He lost in a game and was pretty mad. Wes gave me half of his sandwich because I didn't have lunch. He also shared his chips with me.

"Thanks Wes." I said biting into the sandwich.

"No problem. Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Wanna play some Street Fighter after lunch?" I asked nudging his arm. He laughed.

"Sure."

We finished our lunch and played around for a while. Since we didn't have anything to do, all of the Smosh Games crew decided to watch a movie. I sat by Wes, of course and Sohinki was on the other side of me. Wes put his arm around my waist so I leaned in. He made me feel safe.

                    A MONTH LATER...

                         Wes's POV
Mari came in the office saying she was engaged to Peter. I never believed it. I couldn't believe it. Why would she marry him?! She also had a small mark on her left cheek. I'm worried about her. Either she's incredibly clumsy or someone's abusing her. We were having a party that day and a bunch of people were there. Peter was there and
so was Remina. They hit it off right away. I mostly stayed at the snack bar the whole time waiting for Mari to come over. She did at some point.

"Hey. Are you doing ok?" I asked giving her a bottle of water.

"Just a little overwhelmed. Ya know being engaged and all." She looked down. She didn't look happy. What was going on?!

"Mari. I know that you're lying. I will get the truth out of you." I bit into a strawberry. She shook her head. 

"Mari!" Peter yelled. She walked over to him. We were in a pretty big place. They talked by the doors. It looked like they were arguing.

"Aww. It's their first fight as an engaged couple." Olivia said holding her face. She giggled and walked away. I looked back at them angry. I saw Peter slap her. I started to storm over there.

"Fight doesn't begin to explain it." I mumbled to myself. Peter saw me and had a scared look on his face. Yeah you should be scared asshole. I grabbed him by the collar.

"Touch her again and you're dead." I threw him onto the floor and grabbed Mari's hand. I gently took off the fake diamond ring and threw it.

"Wes! What are you doing?" I heard Sohinki ask.

"Did you not just see Peter slap her? Mari are you ok?" Boze ran over to hug her. I stopped storming and calmed down a little. Everyone was all over Mari making sure she was ok. That I loved because I love knowing I have great friends.

After the party I took Mari to my home. Remina and Peter left. Only god knows where they went. Mari and I were sitting on the couch. She was curled up in my arms, crying.
"I-I'm s-s-sorry for n-not t-telling you. I j-just didn't w-want him t-to h-hurt me." She said holding my shirt for comfort. I squeezed her a little. And rubbed her back.
"Shhh. Mari it's ok. I'm here now." I kissed her head and we both feel asleep.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! Thanks for one read! It's great! I love you guys and make sure to check out my Smosh Imagines. Bye SHMELLOS!