Baby's Arrival

Lizzy woke up early Sunday morning feeling a sharp pain shooting down her lower back and around her abdomen. It lasted for about thirty seconds then slowly stopped. Feeling the need to relieve herself, Lizzy headed to the bathroom, when she heard a pop. She looked down between her legs, seeing the wetness she felt just seconds before. A slight bit of paranoid panic set in.

She looked over at the bed to find her husband still snoring.

"Hunter!" she shook him.

He tossed and turned a bit but didn't wake up.

She glared down at him. "Hunter, wake up!" Lizzy hit him fiercely with a pillow. "Get up!"

He jumped up and looked around. After rubbing his eyes, he finally was lucid. "Um... so what's wrong?"

"Well, my..."

"Hold that thought." He got up and ran towards the bathroom.

"Hunter, my water broke. I think I'm in labor." Just as Lizzy said those magic words, Hunter stopped in his tracks.

"Wait, what!? Don't move!" Hunter said with a hint of terror and anxiety.

Lizzy watched him run around the room. He grabbed a suitcase and started throwing his clothes in it. "Ok, your bag is all packed and we are ready to go. Come on!" He rambled.

"Hunter!!!" Lizzy said irritated.

He ignored her and ran out the bedroom door. "Lizzy, why aren't you coming? We've gotta go!" said Hunter hurriedly.

"Ok, first of all, you put all of YOUR clothes in the suitcase. Not mine. And second of all, I have been packed for a while so don't worry about it."

"Well then, can we please go?" he begged.

"Hunter, calm down." Lizzy moved as close to him as she could and could just about reach his lips with her bulging bump in the way. She looked up into the eyes of the man that she was so deeply in love with, the father of her soon-to-be-born child. "Take a deep breath and stop. Jeez, I thought I'd be the one flipping out..." As if on cue, a razor sharp stab surged through her abdomen.

Hunter frowned as his wife's lit up expression immediately faded,"Ohh..."

That 'Ohh' scared the shit out of him.

"What? What is it? What happened?"

"I think that was a contraction, just a small one though."

"Hey! Okay okay, the baby isn't like...coming right now, is it?" He worried, bending down to try and see if her pajamas showed any signs of a baby popping out. She still looked pretty normal so that was good. Just a lot more frazzled than five seconds ago.

"I'm going to make you breakfast, while you go get changed and then we can go to the hospital. I'm going to go call out of the show today."

"Thanks. You're the best. I love you so much."

"Love you too. Go get dressed."

The cab Lizzy and Hunter had grabbed to the hospital dropped them off at the ER entrance. Hunter helped her out and dashed her in to the ER. They got Lizzy a wheelchair and wheeled her to a room while Hunter closely followed behind.

"When was your last contraction" The nurse asked.

"It was about an hour and a half ago" Hunter, surprising Lizzy, answered.

"Great, I've called Dr. Walker and he should be here soon." She said before exiting.

Lizzy asked Hunter to hand her cell phone to her as she got into the hospital bed. He handed it to her asking who she was calling.