Chapter 4

Monster

Chapter Four: Brother and Sister

"Hold her down!" They shout and my wrists and ankles are held down by metal latches as I scream in agony of the frightful pain they are creating on my stomach. "No...." Blood pours out of my wounds and I feel hot tears stick to the musty cloth over my eyes. "Don't take Liam please..." As a loud screech of his lungs stab my ears but I don't care.

"Ah Liam......I love the decision of the name young bunny" Draigin's calming voice burns through my ears and melts through my sadness. "Let him go!" I yell but I feel a gush of wind hit me hard. My breath is the only thing I can hear. Footsteps rise from the kitchen and my door opens. "Lily get up.....Jonathan is here to see you" His voice rings of disappointment but he knows Jonathan is my only connection right now.

I open my eyes and the bright light stings lightly on my fragile cold skin, I stand as I walk out of my room and into my bathroom I feel something different. I flick the light on and look at my reflection, the small bump on my stomach is gone, small dots of red were scattered on my white tank top. As emptiness awakens in every part of my body I look at the dark shade of purple in my eyes turn darker each second I gaze.

To make things worse I lift my shirt up to see the stitched up layers of skin from where they took my child. "Lily?....." Jonathan leans against the doorway and I walk out angrier than ever. "Were you there?" I stop him from saying anything else. "Lily calm down.." He tries to touch me but I slap his hands away. "I know what you're thinking......but he's fine-" "well of corse you do you can read minds" I shout but he pushes me back into my room and closes the door.

"Lily Liam is okay they have him on top care and they are giving him what he needs" Jonathan explains but fear is still rushing through my veins. "What he needs is his mother!-" he covers my mouth. "That's not the only reason I'm here........" He whispers and thoughts rush through my head.

"I can't see the future but I know what they think" he lets go of my mouth and walks towards the window the pained look on his face gives me shivers. "Wha- who are you talking about?" I can't find the air to ask anymore questions, the painful look on his face makes me fear that something has happened to.........Toby.

"Hybrids........there are some who are ruthlessly reckless and have no respect for our kind" his voice is calm but I can tell he is anxious. "Some- a lot of them want to see you dead.....-" he pauses as my eyes widen he squints. "Lily have your dreams......have they been happening?" He walks closer to me and I nod. "How-how did you know that my dreams....? I mean not all of them but a good portion of them" I feel worry and fear rumble through my bones.

"Because I can see what they are.......Lily some Metás can see the future vaguely through their dreams and yours are clear" Jonathan heads towards the door but I grab his arm. "Jonathan what are you telling me?" I demand for his answer. "Just be careful who you make friends with Lily.........the darkness will always find it's way-" he pauses and brushes my white hair softly. "To the light" he whispers and shivers spring through my bones.

As he leaves I feel memories flash in my eyes and I slam onto the floor. "Stop! I won't let you fight!" I hear my own voice shouting at someone. "You can't stop me Lily....He is a threat to you and I won't let him hurt you!" Toby screams and fear courses through my veins. "Why do you care so much about me?" I feel this weird swarming inside me as I ask.....him. "Because I feel something strong for you and I know I shouldn't but I do" his soothing voice makes me smile.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As I sit by myself in the cafeteria I stare down at my food. "I heard she was forced to get an abortion" "Yeah, did you hear about Ashley Micheal? She was bullying that poor girl about her baby" their false sorrow holds nothing but gossip. "I heard she is from California" their chaotic chatter is making my ears bleed. Nothing is worse then being sucked into the drama pool and being the main topic.

"Who'd you hear that from?" "This guy who's friends with Mike"

"Do you know her name?" The girl speaks.

"No but all these rumors are going around about her life in California" the guy bites into his sandwich and someone stands up. It's the girl. "C'mon I want to meet her" she takes the guys arm and they slug their way to my table. As the voices stop in shock I raise my head to see two people. Everyone. And I mean everyone. Stares at us.

"I-I'm Abby and...-" "I'm her older brother Peter" the guy interrupts her. Usually when someone speaks after silence the noisy voices continue. Nope. It's still silent.

"Are those contacts?" Abby sits across from me and I shake my head. "Tattoos?" She asks again. "Abby clearly the Martians did it-" "How do you know Mike Harrison?" I stop their useless chatter. "He's our family friend.....how did you hear us?" Abby looks at me shocked. "Because he tried to-" I look at Peter. Someone I don't even know and something about him is telling me that he I should stop.

"We used to be friends him and I" I look at Abby then to Peter who is faintly smiling. What is it with him?