The Leave

My parents said in unison, "No crying". I remembered that. They had that drilled into my brain well. They did some physical actions which they never did to me before.

I walked into my pink room, sighing in despair. I hate this. I really do. But the hate isn't anger, it's sadness. My mom was already sitting on the carpet of my room, filling in my laggage with the necessities for my stay.

What stay? Well, let's call it a long stay. Like, a 6 year long stay. Where? At an art school named London School Of The Arts. Yes. London. Now, why? Scholarship. Let's just say a guy named Richard Johnson discovered my dancing when I was performing for America's Got Talent and got me a scholarship for the school. Oh and he's the main scout for the school.

"What time are we leaving again?" I asked, hiding my saddness and replacing it with boredom.

"12.30. The plane leaves on 1.30. Sharp." mom replied, still packing.

Oh yes. And did I mention that I'm gonna leave everything behind? My family, friends, teachers and Mr. Dj? The school has dorms. Yeah. Something like a boarding school.

I walked over to mom and scanned the things that she packed in. Clothes, dance wear-Ktrna ones, toiletries and......what else? My school uniform. I quickly took it from my bed and packed it in.

"Your dance bag is over there, Autie. I've already packed in all your dance equipment." mom said as she pointed at the black duffel bag on the floor.

"Mom? How am I gonna do AFFs now?"  I suddenly said. No AFFs would be extemely terrible.

"I don't know. Maybe you could ask some new friends that you will make to help you take the videos in the dance halls or dance studio." she replied, shrugging. But how about the editing? Wait. I think iPhones have video editing apps, don't they?

Finally, after 5 minutes of silence, mom suddenly embraced me. "I'm gonna miss you so much."

I hugged her even more tightly, closing my eyes. "Me too, mom. Me too."

"I know I'll be leaving behind almost everything. Despite the fairwells from MDC and my school friends, I'll still miss them. I know I'll be missing out so much. I'll be missing out on everyone's birthdays, parties and miss competing for MDC but will be competiting for that new school. I may lose that motivation to perservere when you're not around but.

But. I. Will. Do. My. Best"

We slowly parted and smiled. I, using my two hands, made a heart shape and put it at my chest.

Mom reacted by laughing lightly and replied

"Me too"

"Autumn! It's time!" Dad called from downstairs.

Mom patted me and I grabbed my small bag for hand carry and my duffel bag while she helped by taking the luggage. Together, we walked down and got into the car with Harbor, my brother and my dad. "Ready?" my dad said after loading all the luggages into the boot of the car.

"Yep." I replied.

Dad started up the car and soon, the car was moving. I looked behind. At the house which I grew up with for the past 13 years of my life, where everything was held. My AFFs, my parties, Trick Tip Thursdays, my daily meals and slumber. It was my last look until half of the year.

But half a year seemed like an eternity to me. But I am ready.

I promised mom, and will promise everybody. I will be ready.

Finally, the sight of the house was gone.

Remember to check out my IG @AAUTUMXN

thanks!
D