Where art Thou Avril?

Remember when I told you there was nothing paradisal about Paradise Pines? Well, let me take a moment to say I told you so! A week and a half had gone by and Pervy Pete and Avril were nowhere to be found. What's not surprising is that Rebecca did not seem to have a care in the world. Instead, she spent her time replacing her former close-knit group of friends with other popular wannabes and making fun of Avril's relationship with Pervy Pete.

Iris, Shawn, and Dahlia searched tirelessly for Avril, but to no avail. Sitting at a booth in the local drive-in/diner, the group shared a basket of fries clueless as to what do next.

"Have you heard anything from Ms. Stevens?" Iris was inquiring about Avril's mother, Samantha.

"Nothing," Dahlia replied. "She's absolutely devastated. My mom has to cook and bring food to her place, then she has to force her to eat it."

"I've never been a good tracker. I'm sorry guys," Shawn apologized.

"There is no need for an apology. None of this is your fault. The police are searching for her anyway." Iris tried cheering him up.

"And they're not having any luck."

"I just hope she isn't completely brainwashed into thinking what they have is true love," said Dahlia.

"I think I might be able to send better trackers after her," said Shawn.

"You're just now mentioning this?"

"I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that."

"Why?" asked Iris.

"Because, they're not like me." Lowering his voice, he added, "They're bad werewolves."

"Then why are you in contact with them?" Dahlia questioned.

Avoiding their gaze, Shawn answered, "Because, my dad is one of them."

That must be why Karen left him, Iris pondered. "We're obviously desperate, so do what you have to do."

"Iris!" Dahlia scolded.

"Are you sure?" Shawn asked Iris.

"We don't really have a choice here, so yeah." Iris' phone buzzed, pulling her attention away from the group. She checked it and saw that Linda sent her several texts, ordering her to come home. "Ugh!" she groaned.

"What is it?" asked Shawn.

"My mom wants me home now."

"It's only five o'clock."

"I think she only wants me back, because she knows I'm probably with you like I have been almost everyday."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"No, she just doesn't like your mom very much. Remember the dinner you two were invited to?"

"So, she's pissed at my mom for wanting to revamp the town?"

"I wouldn't say pissed. She's simply not very fond of her. My mom doesn't do well with change."

"I'd offer to drive you home, but I have a feeling that would be a bad idea."

"Which is a great reason for you to give me a ride."

"Ooo," Dahlia mocked. "When did you become such a naughty girl?"

"Don't start," Iris laughed.

🌑

After hanging her sweater in the closet in the hallway at the entrance of the house, Iris stopped by the kitchen to greet Linda.