Chapter 11~ A.M. Conversations

"Awe, will you look at that." Says a voice from the darkness. "It's back." 

"Hello?" I call out. "I know who you are, and-and I'm not scared of you." I say.

"Oh, you know who I am?" He says. "Well then, it's only fair if I know yours."

"Why do I feel like you already know mine?"

"Humor me." The man says. 

"Jessie."

"Cute name for a cute demon." I hear him say with a sly smile.

"What do you want with me."

"Well, that's an easy question to answer my dear." He pauses for a moment. "You."  He says right behind me.

Waking up in a cold sweat, I look around the room and notice the boys are sleeping. Sam's on the other bed and Dean is on the couch. Slowly getting up so as to not wake anyone up, I get my shoes on and grab a room key and head outside. 

"Castiel can you come down here please." I ask as I stand outside of my motel room. I'm meet with silence. "Please Castiel, I just need someone to talk to." I say quietly. After a few more moments of nothing I stand up  and turn towards my room. 

"Jessie." Calls a deep voice. Turning around I see Castiel standing by Baby.

"Hi Castiel."

"It's 2:30 in the morning."

"I couldn't sleep." I say sitting down on the curb. "Sam said that you don't need sleep and so I thought that maybe you could keep me company.  

"I don't see how that will help you sleep."

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you have something to do? I'm sorry if I took you away from that."

"No, I had nothing to do." Castiel tilts his head. "You are... You are different from other humans."

"Well apparently I'm not all human as I thought I was." I say looking down. "Do you want to sit?" I ask him. Castiel sits down next to me.

"Look Jessie, I know this must be hard for you.."

"No, please don't Castiel. I don't need any of your pity right now."

"I'm sorry, I'm a little new at comforting humans, but from what I do know is that if you need to talk to someone, you can call me and I can listen."

"Thanks Castiel." I say to him with a smile. We sit in silence for a while watching the sun slowly rise above the horizon. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Yes it is."

"Just the way the colors seem to mix with each other, how the red and orange just blend so perfectly to create this warm and comforting glow." 

"I never really thought of it that way." He says looking at me.

"Sorry, my mother use to paint a lot so I've kinda picked up a few things." I nostalgically say.

"Your mother was a painter?" I nod. "What was your father?" 

"I don't remember much of my father. He was hardly around." 

"Oh, was he working?" He asks.

"I like to think so." I say taking a small pause. "I use to think that he worked to help protect the world from evil. Though in reality he was an accountant." I add. 

"I'm sorry?" 

"No, it wasn't anything bad, we had money so that was okay I guess, I've just always wanted something more. Or better yet, I always thought something or someone was missing from my life." I mumble softly to him. 

"Jessie, are you tired?" Castiel asks. I nod. "You should get some sleep."

"I can't." 

"Why not?"

"I can't Castiel, I'll try again tomorrow." 

"Are you sure you don't want to..."

"Castiel I don't want to talk about it!" I shout. He stares at me. "I'm sorry Castiel, I shouldn't have shouted at you." I tell him as I rub my head. 

"How many hours of sleep have you gotten?" 

"Two hours." He stares at me. "A week." I say sheepishly. 

"This isn't normal."

"And? Sam and Dean do it. For the last few weeks that I've been here this is the first night the boys had slept longer than three hours." 

"That's because they were raised to this life. You are still new to it Jessie." 

"Yes and? I can do this just as well as they can." 

"That's not the case Jessie." Castiel pauses. "You could really get hurt. In fact the other day you got hurt on a ghost case." 

"Did Sam tell you that? I don't know why he said that I was fine."

"Dean told me." 

"What?"

"Dean-"

"I know I heard you... Why?" 

"He wanted to know if you would be alright." 

"He should have asked me." I pout.

"Does he have a reason to believe you?" 

"Well, Yes." I question. He gives a disapproving look. "Okay so what if he doesn't, Dean didn't have the right to call you."

"He's just looking out for you." 

"I don't need him too. He's not my brother, he's not even my family." I snapped. Castiel stands up. 

"A wise man once said, family doesn't end with blood." He mutters and begins to walk away.

"Castiel wait please. I didn't mean to say it like that." I say to his retreating back. 

"Sam and Dean should be waking up soon. I would suggest going back inside." He says to me. 

"But Castiel-" Before I could finish my thought, he vanishes. Mentally scolding myself at how I handled that whole thing, I cast my eyes down as I slowly make my way to the door of my motel room.

Sam and Dean wake up not long after I return. Dean runs to get us breakfast and Sam looks online to see if there is a possible case for us to take up. When Dean gets back Sam explains how he might have found a case. Women in the 20's and 30's have been having their throats ripped out over in Memphis, Tennessee and thinks we should check it out. 

Gathering up our things and getting ready for the long drive ahead of us, we place our things in the Impala and prepare ourselves for the long ride to our next case. 

I know I'm a little late with the whole thing but happy new years!!! As a gift for you all, here is a new chapter. Hope you guys enjoyed the little Jessie and Cas moment for this chapter. Please either vote or comment what you guys think. And may everyone's 2018 be one of the best year of your life! And if you are lost at what is going on, I re-did all of my chapters before this one just so it would be a little easier for me to construct the plot for this story. So please if lost go back and either read or skim though and see the changes that I've made