2

Italian Ginger

I didn't expect to be riding on a plane to Volterra, but I don't know what it would have been other than that. Also didn't expect the attention. Three tall people in black and red cloaks walking through an airport, with one brightly colored midget. People definitely stared. Demetri, Jane, and Felix were the only ones that came with, but I didn't doubt that they were a force to be reckoned with.

That is until they pulled out smartphones.

I mean, imagine sitting first class on a plane to Italy, with three of the most terrifying Volturi guards and then.....

They all start playing on their phones.

I expected Apple iPhone, but it turns out that they're more Samsung Galaxy. Well, Felix is. Jane had a Nokia, I didn't even know they made smartphones. Demitri had a Galaxy S7 and Bluetooth headphones, which he had in during the whole plane ride.

"Nokia's are virtually indestructible and that's more ideal. I've only had to buy three since they came out. Felix had to buy four in the last four months." Jane said to me as she pulled out her phone when the plane got high enough.

"That's only because Alec kept-" Felix stopped mid sentence and glanced at me then back at his phone with a huff. Mkay then grumpy, I thought with a sigh. I looked down at my book that I pulled out trying to busy myself and Jane leaned over.

"Ignore him." She said without emotion. "He doesn't like humans very much... I'm sorry for attacking you." The apology wasn't heartfelt.

"You don't have to apologize to me just because I'm Caius' true mate," I said and turned a page in my book. Jane shifted in her seat.

"... I should probably mention this... Caius' has a wife..." She said and paused. I looked at her and then at Demetri and Felix. Felix didn't do much of anything, but Demetri rolled his eyes. Wonder why...

"Well, this will be interesting," I mumbled and tried to read again, but all I could think about was how this would complicate things immensely.

|•|•|

"Aro, I said 'no'." Caius said to his brother as he paced the length of the throne room. "We can't bring her here, I should have killed her then and there."

"Caius, have a bit of sense." Aro said airily. He seemed too relaxed about the whole ordeal. "She's your mate."

"I have sense, brother." He growled out. "A sense that I have a wife. One who's been apart of your council for centuries."

"Caius," Marcus, the third king, began. "Even I know that the marriage was one of necessity. Not of love."

"What if I do love her?" Caius barked. "Hm? And what if this stupid human ruins everything. I will not have you two stepping all over my love life, just because she's got some sort of connection with me."

"Caius, if you'll remember my ability," Marcus said flatly. "You have never loved Dora. Ever. And you won't, especially since you now have a taste of what actual love could be. Athenodora will understand." Caius growled again and walked to his throne, sitting down with a huff. Then two seconds later standing again. The two other kings shared amused looks regarding their brother. The girl would be there soon and she would meet them in the morning. Then he'd change his tune.

Hopefully.

|•|•|

We touched down and they barely moved a few feet away from me. It was entirely too much. Extremely uncomfortable for more than one reason. The first being that Jane attacked me and now she's protecting me. I mean I did provoke her. Still, it was unnerving. Then they wouldn't let me go very far out of the set route into Volterra. Tuscany was beautiful and I wanted to at least see a little bit of it. Not a chance.