Dancing

Time: During Neverseen.

"Wanna dance, Foster?" Keefe asked with a small smirk on his lips. She hadn't seen that smirk in a while.

"Keefe . . ." she was ready to protest, but she kind of wanted to.

"Sorry if that's a little much. I just . . . I need to get my mind off of some things."

The two of them were sitting outside. They had sneaked out of their tree houses so they could talk privately with each other. Well, that's how it was supposed to be anyway. Sophie had been trying to get comfortable in bed, though she couldn't sleep no matter how exhausted she was when Keefe had threw something at her window to signal that he wanted to meet her.

"There's no music," she protested.

"And that's going to stop the Great Sophie Foster?"

She glared at him, but smiled a little, then stood up. He started to grin and took her hand, standing up.

"Do you know how to dance, Foster?" he asked her.

"Do you?" she replied, raising an eyebrow.

"My parents made me learn," he said, placing a hand on her waist, pulling her closer to him. 

"I know my hand goes here," said Sophie, putting her hand on his shoulder. She could feel his warmth through the fabric of his short-sleeved shirt. She looked into his ice blue eyes as they started to sway to an imaginary beat.

"Correct," he replied, relaxing his muscles as he started to calm down. His body didn't feel as tense as it had before.

"Oh, 'correct.' We're using big words now?"

He rolled his eyes and smirked. "Y'know, just for that, I'm going to do this." She yelped softly as he spun her around, catching her in the crook of his arm.

"Keefe!" she said, laughing and asking him to do it again. He did, though he returned her to her place in front of him this time.

They had been dancing for a few minutes. No talking, just enjoying the closeness of each other. After a while, Sophie started feeling sleepy again, resting her head on Keefe's shoulder, leaning into him.

"Tired, Foster?" Keefe whispered.

"Yes," she mumbled into his shoulder, her voice muffled.

"C'mon, I'll take you back to the treehouses." He moved his hands from her waist to her own hands, turning to walk back to their houses.

"No," she said sleepily.

"Huh?"

"I'm tired, but I'm not sure if I want to go back in yet. I like it out here."

"Then why don't we have a sleepover out here?"

She smiled lazily at him, letting him pull her to the ground, their backs against the wide tree. She rested her head on his shoulder, and she felt his arm wrap around her, making her heart speed up despite how tired she was.

"Is this okay?" Keefe asked quietly.

She nodded, leaning into him a little more. The last thing she heard before she fell asleep was Keefe whispering "Night, Foster."

*

No matter how cliché it is, I love dance scenes.

Enjoy, ~Kirs.