10

Dinner was like the usual, catching up and talking about basically everything. My mom got to catch up with Allison and Calum, to which resulted in lots of questions.

I actually made it to dinner a little late because Calum didn't let me out until he came back up to "check" on me because I was taking so long.

I never texted or called Ethan that night because well, Allison and Calum were there. Calum went home but Allison stayed the night because she forgot the key to her house and it was already late. There was one thing that she asked and it was harder to answer than you think.

*Flashback to last night*

"Tara?" She questioned.

"Yeah?" I said, turning and looking at her.

"Why do you have handcuffs?" She asked.

I swallowed and looked at her for awhile, I couldn't just straight up tell her. She'd think it's weird or well a bit odd.

Allison is my best friend, yes. But she doesn't know everything. There's some things I did that I never told her because I knew she would judge me about it. There were times where I was going to tell her everything she didn't know, but it was hard to find the right time. Now would be it, but I couldn't.

"It was for Halloween the other year. I went as a jail women." I said.

"Oh yeah, you wore that orange jumpsuit, well part of it." She said and laughed a little.

"Yeah." I laughed.

*End of flashback*

I know Allison deserves the full on truth and not lies, but how do you tell your best friend something that you can't even say aloud. It sometimes hurt that she doesn't know, my one fear is that she'll find out from someone else and she'll hate me for not telling her myself.

"Tara, you okay?" Ethan asked, nudging my side.

I snapped out of it and looked at him, "Huh? Oh yeah I am." I smiled small.

"You sure? You seem like something's bothering you." He asked, concerned.

"Yeah." I smiled reassuringly.

He nodded and kissed my temple, putting his arm around my shoulders.

We were currently at Notre Dame University, watching Calum's first soccer game. It was on a Saturday so we came here on Thursday, yeah we missed school but it was for Calum and I told him I wouldn't miss a game.

I didn't really invite Ethan, Calum did. I mean I was going to ask him but he kind of beat me to it.

~

"Go Cal! Woohoo!" I shouted as he stole the ball and went for the goal.

"Come on Calum!" Allison shouted. She came the same time as us, we both made a promise not to miss his games. We were his number one supporters.

We all jumped up as he made the goal, cheering as the buzzer went off, signaling that the game was over and they won, 8-6

Allison and I ran down the bleachers and raced towards Calum, jumping on him and causing him to catch us before we all tumble over.

"Congrats Cal." I smiled.

"Yeah Calum, nice shot." Allison said.

"Thanks guys." He smiled and hugged us both.

"Nice game man." Ethan said, shaking his hand once we pulled away.

"Thanks." He said.

"Okay, this calls for a celebration." Allison said.