Chapter One

Walking into the Mansion my brother owned I slammed the door. "Niklaus! I am here. Now tell me what is so bloody important I had to drop everything and come?" I shouted stomping my way to where I called hear voices. Entering the room, I saw Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah sitting around a table. "What is this?" I asked waving my hand at all of them. "Some family meeting? Nice to know your back Elijah"

"Sister, please. Sit." Klaus spoke motioning to the empty chair next to him. Taking the seat, I leaned back into it and crossed my arms. Apparently, my bad mood was going ignored. "We are here to discuss Rebekah's demand to have the cure to be human."

"What?" I was stunned. Not that Rebekah wanted to be human, no, recently that is all she went on about. No I was stunned about being here when they knew I wanted nothing to do with the bloody cure when all it resulted in was our brother's death.

"You are a member of this family; we discuss this together." Elijah stated obviously knowing what I was thinking. "And I got in early this morning Ever. If it was before you would have known, I promise." He added with a small smile.

I smiled back before nodding. "Alright let's start."

"Elijah," Rebekah started focusing more on said brother than Klaus and I, "being human means a fresh start. I can grow old and have a family and fill my days with meaning, knowing that each one matters."

Klaus burst out laughing cutting her off. Well this was getting off to a good start. "Well, that was poetic." We all turned to him at his words.

"Well, if you can provide us with a more compelling reason for wanting the cure, Klaus, please." Elijah responded giving Klaus his time to speak. Klaus leaned forward pressing his hands against one another.

"Silas can appear as anyone. He got inside my mind, convinced me I was dying. He will torment me until I give him the cure."

"And in doing so he will break down the wall to the Other Side." Rebekah interrupted. She had a point.

Klaus turned to Rebekah. "So it doesn't trap him there when he dies." He turned to Elijah, "He wants to reunite with his lost soulmate." He informed Elijah who had been out of town during this mess while waving his hand. "You of all lovesick fools should applaud," he pretended to clap his hands, "his devotion."

"He will open the floodgates for every supernatural being that has ever died." Great, Rebekah voice had gotten louder. It won't be long now before this turns nasty.

"Including our dear brothers, Kol and Finn. We'll have our family back." Klaus added leaning back in his chair. I flinched slightly at our lost brother's names. I didn't get to spend that much time with either of them and I hadn't spent time with Finn even before because of certain actions.

"Please, you hated Kol and kept Finn in a box for most of his life." I rolled my eyes, now they were just bickering. Elijah and I were just sat here watching.

"Elijah, please." Klaus said with a smirk on his face, waving his hand from Elijah to Rebekah. He knew how much Elijah cared about our family. He thought he had won.

Elijah hissed and dare I say it looked a little uncomfortable for a second. Someone wanted to please both siblings but couldn't. "Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus." His smirk disappeared while Rebekah's face had started to light up in victory. "I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness."

"Tell me you're joking." He leaned forward. "Tell me you're not fating me to an eternity of torture."

"No he's not and if he was I wouldn't allow it." I spoke for the first time getting their attention. "Wipe the smirk off your face little sister, this isn't just Elijah's decision." Rebekah's victory smirk disappeared. "Elijah may have come to his decision but so have I." I stood up ready to leave. "Neither of you should have it."