Chapter Six

"Evermore." I jumped awake, sitting up. Yawning I looked up to see Nik next to me. "What did you do last night?" He looked over his desk at all the grimoires, book of shadows, loose pieces of papers and herbs.

I yawned again. "After Rebekah's big reveal yesterday morning I've been trying to think of ways to find Elijah. And how this witch is so powerful. After talking to Rebekah about the power she felt I'm pretty sure it's not all her own. I think she got a lot of it from other people. I would have to meet her to confirm it though." Yawning again I stood up. "I'm going to shower and change." Giving him a quick kiss on the cheek I left heading straight upstairs to get ready for the day. After showering and changing into some torn black skinny jeans, a V-neck forest green top, some black boots and a black leather jacket I left to join the others. Putting my hair up I frowned seeing Elijah's bedroom door open, closing it I headed downstairs to where I could hear everyone.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean love. My plan for global domination, or my sisters plan to find love in cruel, cruel world?" I grabbed a paintbrush and threw it at Nik the same time as Rebekah threw a pencil. Unfortunately, he easily caught both before they impaled in his face. I smiled seeing Caroline giggle and Stefan roll his eyes wrapping his arm around Rebekah.

Hayley sighed. "The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?" She replied speaking louder on several words at Nik.

"I will have you know wolf that none of my brothers are good. Each and every one of them are an annoying, pain in the ass. And so, we are clear on the details, Nik stabbed in him the front." I told her getting a very sarcastic smile in return. Seeing the book in her arms my eyes narrowed. Looked like someone had been snooping through Elijah's belongings.

"You three said that you would get them back." She pointed at me and my siblings. "So is there a plan, or what?"

The three of us shared a look. Frankly, we were all sick and tired of Hayley. Finding Elijah was family business; she didn't need to know anything but we all knew she wouldn't give up if we didn't give her something. "Okay." Nik sighed moving into the room we were all next to and sitting down in the chair I had woken from. We all followed and while the wolf, Becks, Care and Stefan stood in the doorway I entered and started to pick up what I had left out while listening.

"Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy, he's my friend." Nik placed his feet on the part of the desk I had just cleared and leaned back in the chair. "Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless." As he spoke he inspected the brush and pencil causing me to roll my eyes. Far be it for anything to happen to his art supplies. "And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly," he turned to Rebekah and gestured for her to speak, "sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan as you have demanded is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back."

An expression of complete disbelief came across the wolf's face, her face dropping open. Nik and I both smirked. "That's...that's not the whole plan, is it?"

Caroline and Rebekah scoffed at the same time while Stefan hid his smile. "Of course not." Caroline exclaimed. "Do you not know anything about Klaus Mikaelson." She used her vampire speed to go to his side.

"There is none more diabolical." Rebekah cut in.

"That's only Plan A. There is always a Plan B." Stefan told her.