Chapter Eight

I was with the others in the living room waiting. Becks was sat down on the couch with Stefan standing next to her and Care was in one of the chairs. I was sitting on the arm of the other side of the couch. We didn't have to wait long. Nik sped into the room and pushed Sophie into a chair. "We had a deal." He reminded her not giving her time to adjust to her new surroundings. "You protect my unborn child; I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches." He accused her moving away and sitting down on the couch next to me, putting one arm on the back and the other around me.

"I had nothing to do with it. I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die." She rushed out appearing slightly frantic as she glanced at all of us.

"Then who are they?" Becks wondered confused, standing up.

Sophie sighed. "They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby."

I frowned and my siblings turned to me. I shook my head. I've had visions but none revolving around the baby. And seeing how much time I have been spending around Hayley if there was going to be a vision of the child I should have had it.

"What kind of vision?" I challenged not believing it. It sounded suspicious to me.

"She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong about this one." I glared at her. She was avoiding my question. She flinched at my glare but was still hesitant in answering. "The interpretation was pretty much that the baby would bring death to all witches." I snorted. What a stupid interpretation.

"Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second." I smacked Nik for his words.

"Sophie, look." Becks sat down again. "I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

Sophie looked shocked. "Elijah's talking to Davina?"

"Yeah. As we speak, I imagine." Rebekah leaned back crossing her legs and Stefan sat on the arm like I was. Hearing something smash upstairs I sighed standing up.

"Carry on," I waved at Sophie, "back in a minute." I left then heading to Hayley's room. Throwing the door open I glared and she did so back stomping up to me. However, all that happened was that she ran into an invisible barrier. It seemed she had smashed a vase.

"I want out of this room." She bellowed at me. When I didn't respond, she walked back, grabbed a lamp and threw it at me. Freezing it just before it hit me I tutted grabbing it.

"Can't do it." She threw a vase at me next but I just did the same. "You lost the privilege this morning when I walked in on you in the kitchen about to stab yourself in the stomach. We will try again tomorrow." About to walk away I stopped. Not wanting to come up again I concentrated on every smash able object the room and they came flying out, including the one she already broke. Putting them all in another room I waved my hand and her door closed again causing her to scream in frustration. Going back downstairs to join the others I grabbed an apple as I passed a bowl of them. I entered nearly choking on my first bite at Bekah's question.

"What the bloody hell is a Harvest?" I coughed and Stefan rushed over to me patting my back.

"It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries," Sophie looked me up and down before facing my siblings again, "so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors; they keep our ancestral power flowing." I pushed Stefan away alright now and headed straight for the alcohol. I needed a drink for this particular conversation, in fact I needed to be completely drunk to have it. I ignored Caroline's frown.