Chapter Eleven

I rolled my eyes when Nik decided normal food wasn't good enough and bit into one of the serving girl's wrist. He then poured the blood from it into a glass. I saw Caroline have the same response but to be honest she had a full glass of blood that she got out of a blood bag. "Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Nik questioned Becks. We were having a family breakfast this morning. "He's been mysteriously silent, avoiding me some might say. I thought perhaps he may have whispered reasons in your ear." He placed a second glass in front of Becks before sitting down.

"If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you."

"Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes." He smiled and started mocking her. "My saintly noble brother lies writhing in agony in the Bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain."

"On the contrary, Nik, I am just enjoying my brekkie, waiting for Elijah's healthy return." Nik shook his head believing her just as much as I did. He put his glass down and pointed at her.

"Oh, come on Rebekah, you've been giving me and Ever the devil's eye all morning. Out with it."

She sighed and pressed her lips together. "Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth." Nik slammed his hand on the table at her answer.

"Poppycock!" I choked on the piece of pineapple I had just swallowed. I hadn't heard that word in a while. I saw Care and Stefan mouth it to each other. "...He deserves a day or two of discomfort." He explained before looking down and back at her. "Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger."

"Klaus." Caroline shouted dropping her cutlery and putting head in her hands. She really shouldn't have expected a nice breakfast, any meal in this family never goes nicely and always ends early.

Becks smirked at Nik and stood up, leaning closer to him over the table. "There is something fundamentally wrong with you." She straightened and left, Stefan going after her. Caroline smacked Nik's arm and he gave her a look of innocence getting an eye roll.

"Well, it went better than the last meal we had together." Caroline's head hit the table.

_______

Walking through the Quarter I noticed some of the vampires looking at me. Stopping, I looked around, they were all watching me. "Is there a reason I am being watched Marcellus?"

"They're just doing as I asked." I turned to face him not impressed.

"Well call them off." I walked away but he followed me. I rolled my eyes. "What do you want?"

"Well I discovered something today," he moved so he was in front of me blocking the way. "You are even older than anyone thought possible. In fact," he pointed at me as vampires jumped down making me realise I had walked into an empty alley, "you are as old as the original family. Now that surprised me," he pointed at himself smiling, "but you know what surprised me more?" I pushed one of the vampire's hands away from me. "Finding out that you're not a friend to the Mikaelson family. No, you're a part of it." He lost the smile. "Another bastard child of Esther's just like Klaus." I clapped mockingly. It wasn't a secret, not anymore. "Aren't you curious on how I know?" He nodded behind him. Looking I saw Tyler Lockwood approaching.

"Spilling information on me, Tyler?" He shrugged coming to a stop. "Well I have no reason to lie. Yes, everything you said is true." I slapped another vampire's hands. "But no I'm not going to tell you how I'm still alive." He grinned at me.

"Don't worry. I'm not asking... yet." He turned to leave but as he did his vampires jumped me. I managed to fight them off but I soon fell and Tyler quickly snapped my neck. But at least I could say I took some of them down. Permanently.