Chapter Five

The next morning, I left early, leaving New Orleans and going to the closest herb shop. While it would be easier to go to the one in New Orleans I couldn't risk being seen. Marcel didn't know I was alive and no one knew who the new witch was. Caroline and Stefan had gone out for the day to catch up, Nik was with Marcel which left Rebekah on Hayley duty. Placing the large amount of different herbs, I had collected the last hour on the counter I started making a mental list of what else I might need for the upcoming spells I was planning on doing.

"That will be £54.50." Handing the money over I left not waiting for the change. I entered other shops buying various objects before my phone started going off. "Caroline, are yo..."

"Evermore, they're not here." Caroline interrupted me.

"What are you talking about? Who's no..."

"Rebekah and Hayley. We just got back and they're are not here." She cut me off again but I didn't care. Cursing I left the shop just placing money on the counter. I knew I was forgetting something, I had forgotten to fill Rebekah in about Hayley.

"Stay there in case they come back. I'll call Rebekah, she might be with her." I hung up not bothering to hear her reply. Finding Rebekah's number, I rung it but she didn't answer. Getting in my car I started to drive, making my way back to New Orleans as I carried on calling her. After the thirtieth time, I left a voicemail. "Honestly Becks, there is a reason we have phones you know. We don't have them because you think they are stylish. When it rings and you see a name, more importantly a family members name you answer it. You were supposed to watch Hayley and not for the reasons you believe. If she is not with you find her now." I lectured her before throwing my phone in the seat next to me and speeding up. Unfortunately, even with speeding I wouldn't be back in New Orleans for at least an hour.

_______

Arriving back, I instantly stopped the car just before crossing the border. I got a map and a necklace of Rebekah's I had borrowed a while back out. I didn't have anything of Hayley's to find her but I could find Bekah. "Phasmatos Tribum, Nes Ex Vera, Sequitas Sanguinem." I chanted several times before I saw her. Knowing I would be faster on foot I texted Caroline telling her where my car was so she could collect it and activated my speed rune. I arrived at the cemetery just as she was leaving. I slapped her arm as soon as I was close enough. She spun to look at me, veins around her eyes but they disappeared when she saw it was me.

"What the bloody hell..."

"Here's some advice. Answer your phone from now on. We have to find Hayley." Grabbing her hand, I took off giving her no choice at all in whether she wanted to come or not. Not wanting to stop to explain I connected my mind with hers and showed her my visions along with the conversation with Nik when I told him. We split up so we could cover more ground, Rebekah went to look closer to the Quarter near the Voodoo shop while I searched other places.

After a couple of hours of searching, which Stefan had joined all I felt was dread. Rebekah hadn't found her either. She did however see Nik and Marcel. She took the time to ask Marcel about Elijah but he denied knowing anything. I felt bad about not telling her he had Elijah but I knew it would come out eventually anyway. Rebekah said she would carry on looking with Stefan and sent me back to the house.

_______

Entering the house Caroline appeared and her shoulders slumped when she saw I was alone. I went to change before going to Hayley's room. Searching through it just made me angrier. She had planned her opportunity to leave, there was nothing there I could use to do a locating spell with. She had hidden or taken everything with her. It just showed she wasn't planning on coming back. To find her I would need Klaus's blood. I would be able to track the baby with it as he was the father. The baby wasn't born yet so no one else's blood, including my own would work. Seeing as there was nothing else I could do I went back to working on my spells. I had an idea on how to protect the baby from Hayley. Before I could do it however I needed to unlink Hayley from Sophie, if I didn't Sophie would sense that something was happening because of the connection.