Angels Get Sick, Too

"Deeeeeaaaan!"

Dean looked up from his newspaper at the sound of Castiel's voice. He was sitting on the couch, trying to find more information on a demon hunt that they were now focusing on. He had gotten up early to get a head start on some research.

"What is it, Cas?" Dean called over his shoulder. "Something's wrong... I don't understand what I'm feeling." Cas responded, his voice a bit muffled. Dean sighed and stood up, throwing the newspaper on the couch as he made his way to the angel's room. He stopped at the door, which was slightly ajar, and poked his head inside.

His eyes landed on Castiel, who was sprawled out on the bedsheets, his hands clenched into tight fists. His skin was paler than usual, and he had broken into a sweat.

"Cas, babe, what's wrong?" Dean asked worriedly, rushing to his side. "I...I don't know." Cas said, his voice trembling. "I have this terrible pain in my stomach... A-And I feel quite warm." Dean pressed the back of his hand onto Cas's forehead. He frowned, letting his hand drop. "Your temperature feels warm. I think you may have a fever." "What's that?" Cas asked him, seemingly fearful.

"Don't worry, it's nothing bad. It's what we humans get from time to time. It's not deadly or anything. You just need some rest." Dean explained, pulling the covers back over Cas's body. "But I'm an angel." Cas responded. His eyes suddenly went wide. "If it doesn't kill humans, could it kill angels?"

"Don't be ridiculous, babe. You'll be fine." Dean kissed his head, mumbling a soft 'I love you' into his hair.

He stepped towards the door, when he stopped. He turned back to Castiel, who was watching him from the bed. "Did you say something Cas?" "Stay." Cas said in nearly a whisper. He was shivering slightly. Dean smiled and nodded, closing the door all the way shut.

Slipping under the covers, Dean sighed. "Cas?" "Yes Dean?" Cas responded, a bit slurred due to his high fever. "I love you. Never forget that." Dean said, stroking the angel's black hair. "Never..." Cas mumbled softly. And within a few minutes, both had fallen asleep in each other's arms.