Epilogue

Scotty and I had decided to wait until the following summer to get married since we had a month-long break from school and Scotty didn’t have any shows planned.  That being said; today was the big day.

“You look gorgeous, girly,” Ashley, Scotty’s sister, said.

“Thanks,” I said.

“Breathe, Emery,” Rachel chimed in.  I nodded my head and took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.  I couldn’t believe that the day was finally here.  My mom, Ashley, and Rachel, along with the rest of the bridal party, which consisted of Shawn, and Brianna, then Ashley and Rachel, were helping me get ready.

Rachel had everyone’s makeup and hair, so we started out early this morning.

Harper had been hanging out with Logan and Carly most of the morning, but now both girls were in the room with us finishing up the last touches because they were going to be our flower girls.  And Carly was going to help get Harper down the aisle.  Harper was only 13 months old, so she wasn’t walking too well at the current time.

A little while later, Alex stuck his head in and said “5 minutes,” before turning around and leaving again.

“This is it,” my mom said.  “My baby girl is getting married.”  Her eyes were tearing up.

“Don’t cry, Mom.”

“I can’t help it, baby.  You’re our little girl.  I can’t believe this day came so soon,” she wiped under her eyes as my father stepped in.

“Are you ready?”

“More than ever,” I said excitedly.

“Let’s get lined up then,” he said, pulling me in and kissing my forehead.

We walked out of the room and waited until the music started.  The mothers were ushered in my Alex and Chace.  As the bridal party was making their way in, my dad turned to me.  “You know I’m proud of you, right?”

I smiled.  “Of course, Daddy.”

“I mean it.  You beat the odds.  Even if Scotty was your best friend before all of this.  You never let having a baby jeopardize you and you are an amazing mother to that amazing little girl right there.”

I was almost in tears as I wrapped my arms around my dad.  He kissed my forehead again as Carly and Harper made their way into the church.

I heard the minister tell the crowd to rise, and I heard the song start to play.  I took my dad’s arm and we started into the chapel.

Having all eyes on me made me quite nervous, but I looked at Scotty and everyone else seemed to disappear.

We reached the front and the minister asked, “Who gives this woman to be married to this man today?”

“I do,” my dad said as he kissed my forehead once more before placing my hands in Scotty’s and patting him on the shoulder.

The minister went on to say the normal things ministers do during weddings.  Then it came time for the vows.  

“I, Scott, take you, Emery, to be my wife, and these things I promise you:  I will be faithful to you and honest with you; I will respect, trust, help, and care for you; I will share my life with you; I will forgive you as we have been forgiven; and I will try with you to better understand

ourselves, the world, and God; through the best and the worst of what is to come as long as we live,” he said, and then placed the ring on my finger.