Chapter 17- All In One Day

It was now 4:30 and Will and Shawn had just left to go home for Thanksgiving break.  Scotty and I were now on our own.  Carly was in the pack ‘n play sleeping.  I dropped on the couch next to Scotty.  We just layed there for a little while.

“What do you want to do tonight?” he broke the silence.

“I don’t care.  But we have Carly…”

“We can take her.  Go get dressed.  We’re going to go out for dinner.”

I made my way upstairs to put clothes on.  I was comfy in my leggings and sweater.  But if I knew Scotty, and I do, we’ll be going somewhere nice and these clothes won’t cut it.  I walked over to the closet and looked through all of mine and Nicole’s clothes.  After looking two more times, I decided on black skinny jeans, a cheetah print shirt, and a coral cardigan.  I tied a brown belt around my waist and pulled out my gold flats.  I decided I didn’t feel like doing anything with my hair, so I just ran a brush through it and made my way back downstairs.  Scotty had changed into dark wash jeans and a black button up.  He looked good.

After he put Carly in her car seat, he turned toward me and asked, “Are you ready to go?”

“Where’s the diaper bag?”

“It’s still in the truck.”

“Then yes,” I replied, grabbing my purse off the hook by the door.  I followed him out and he opened the door for me before putting Carly into the back seat.

“Are you going to tell me where we’re going?”

“Actually, yes, I will.”

“Okay…  Where are we going?”

“The mall.”

“The mall?  What’s at the mall?  Wait, Cheesecake Factory?”

“Correct,” he said with a smile on his face.

“Scotty, you don’t need to spend that much money on food…” I said, feeling bad.  He always takes me to nice restaurants like that.  I love him for that, but I don’t want him spending that much money all of the time.

He reached over and grabbed my hand.  “Em, I like spending money on you.”

“Okay, but on food?”

“On whatever, I love you Emery, I don’t care what it is.  If it means I get to see that smile on your face, I’ll spend everything I have.”

I blushed.  “I love you too.”  He pulled the hand that he was holding toward him and kissed it.

After we ate, we walked around the mall for a while.  I got a few things here and there and I spent more money than I should have.  As we were walking out of H&M, a girl who looked about our age came up to us.

“Are you his girlfriend?” she asked me.  Right, Scotty is famous.

“Yes, I am.”  I smiled at her.  She just glared at me.

“You’re a whore.  You just want him for his fame, and apparently his offspring.”

“She is not a whore, and the baby is her niece,” Scotty stood up for me.

“If that’s your cover story, whatever.  I’m better than she ever will be.”

I turned to Scotty and whispered, “Let’s just go.  Walk away.”  All I wanted to do was cry because of what she said, but I wasn’t going to do it here.  I didn’t want her seeing that she affected me like that.  He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together.  We started walking away from this rude girl and suddenly Scotty stopped and turned around.  “It was nice meeting you, but my girlfriend would never bash anyone the way you just bashed her, so you won’t ever be better than she is.”  With that, she turned and walked away, huffing.