Chapter 8- Boys, Games, and.. Sinister?

Chapter 8

We have been living here a couple months now.  It’s October and my favorite season of the year.  This is finally starting to feel normal.  Today is Friday and the girls and I are planning on hanging out with the guys tonight.  We were all sitting on the couch watching TV, waiting for the boys to all be back and ready to go.  Then suddenly there was a knock on the door.

Brianna got up answer it.

“Uhh, hey.  Is Emery here?” the male voice said.

She turned her head to look at me, signaling that whoever was at the door was for me.  “Yeah, come on in.”

Alex.  “Hey Al.  What’s up?”

“Not much.  Just coming to check on you.  Making sure you were staying out of trouble.”

“I’m pretty sure that should be the other way around,” I joked.

“Funny.  Where’s Scotty?”

“Next door.  We’re waiting on them.  We’re all hanging out tonight.”

“I see.  Sounds like a blast,” he said, sitting in the recliner.

“You just wish you could hang out with us.”

“Yeah, that’s definitely it.”

I stuck my tongue out at him.

“As fun as this has been, I’m out of here.  I’ll see you later twerp.” He snickered.

“Why do you all call me that?  Get outta here.” I grumbled.  Nicole laughed.  She knew how much I didn’t like my brothers calling me ‘twerp’, but her laughter only seemed to egg him on.

“Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,” he said, wriggling his eyebrows.  Ugh.

“That’s not giving me much of a limit,” I teased him.  But really, he’s a great guy with a huge heart.  He would NEVER disrespect anyone, especially a girl.

“Bye twerp!”  Alex sang, hurrying out the door so I couldn’t go after him.

“Who was that?”  Brianna asked.

“My brother.  He lives in the building right across from ours.”

After what seemed like forever, there was another knock on the door, followed by Scotty walking in.  “Hey.  We're ready.”  He looked at me and turned around, walking right back out.

I got up and walked out the door, the others following me.

We ordered pizza and hung out for a while.  About 9 o’clock, Will suggested we go see Sinister.  “No.” I stated. “No way.  I don’t do scary movies.”