Chapter 33- Congratulations

A/N- Hey guys!  Sorry I've kind of been MIA.  I have had a TON going on and have not had much time to do anything for myself.  Luckily, my classes I was taking are over with.  Unfortunately, I still have a lot going on.  So if updates are slower, I'm incredibly sorry.  But know that I WILL update as soon as I can.  Thanks for reading, and please, VOTE.  You're awesome!

___________________________________________________________________

Walking into the apartment, the walls are bare and almost every piece of furniture is gone.  Yesterday was the last day of the semester, so we are in the process of moving out.  Brianna left yesterday.  Shawn is leaving tomorrow.  It’s early in the afternoon and Logan and Rachel are here to help me.  I walked up to my room and helped Rachel pack my clothes.  Because I’m 26 weeks pregnant, I’m not exactly supposed to carry a lot of heavy stuff.

“Are you excited to be done with school?” Rachel asked as we filled yet another suitcase.

“I am, but I’m also scared.”  I was terrified what being out of school meant.  It meant that my parents really were gone.  It meant that I was moving in Logan and Rachel’s guest house.  And more importantly, it meant that I was having a baby in a few short months.  That one scared me the most.

Rachel gave me a sympathetic look and said, “We’ll help you through it sweetie, you know that.”

“I don’t know what I’d do without you,” I told her, putting the shirt I had in my hand in the bag before leaning over and giving her a hug.

We continued packing all of my clothes in a comfortable silence until we had packed my entire closet.  We carried the bags downstairs and put them in the back of my Jeep.  We then made sure my bathroom supplies were in the bin and headed back down.  Logan and Scotty had already gotten all of the furniture into the back of the trucks.

“Did you girls get everything?” Logan asked.

“We did, did you get all of your stuff, Scotty?” Rachel asked.

“Sure did.”

“Are we ready then?”

Scotty and I looked at each other before saying, “I think so,” in unison.

“Let’s hit the road!”

Scotty gave me a kiss before opening my door for me and then closing it behind me.  He then went and got in his truck.  I followed Logan to their house and once we got there, we went around to the guest house.

“Let’s just take this stuff in and set it inside for now,” Rachel said.  The house was completely unfurnished, so we were going to start shopping for stuff after we painted.  We also had to go get the rest of our stuff from my house and then from Scotty’s.  That would help with some of the furniture.

So as soon as we unloaded everything, we set off for Lowe’s.

The next couple days we spent painting.  We painted our bedroom and en suite bathroom Tiffany blue.  The room that was going to be the nursery, we painted a light gray.  The living room and dining room also got painted Tiffany blue.  The kitchen remained tan.

After the paint had dried, we decided to get started on moving the furniture that we had, in.  There wasn’t much that we decided to use.  Once we had put our clothes in the walk-in closet, we set off for the mattress store.  We decided that we wanted a king size bed.  We also had to get a mattress for the crib.  Logan and Rachel took them back to the house while Scotty and I moved on to the furniture store.

When we got done shopping, we went back to the house and started organizing everything.  We placed a black cloth headboard behind our bed that went well with the black and white chevron bedspread we bought.  The dressers and TV stand we got were also black.  We got Tiffany blue accent pillows for the bed.  Next, the nursery had a white crib.  The sheet was a light yellow with a gray and white chevron print bumper and comforter. Rachel found a chair that matched and she got some fabric to make curtains that matched as well.  She was also going to be making a lot of the decorations that were going to be accenting throughout the house.  Really, she was doing way more than necessary, but I’m not one to complain.