Chapter 35- Tour

Hey guys, once again, I'm so sorry it took me so long to update.  I am currently in the process of finishing the next chapter.  Hopefully I can have it up in the next week.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy!  Please vote and comment.  I really appreciate it.

___________________________________________________________________________

Shawn stayed for a week to help me out and keep me company, seeing as Scotty had to travel for shows.  He said that he could cancel them, but I told him not to.  He was able to stay 2 days before he had to hit the road.

On July 4, Shawn, Will, and I took a trip up to Washington, DC, where Scotty was preforming.  Judy and Mike watched Harper during the performance and fireworks so that Scotty and I could spend some time together.

Later that night, Scotty and I were lying on the tour bus with Harper between us.  “Stay with me,” he said.

“What?” I asked, not sure what he meant.

“Go on tour with me.  I want us to be together.”

“Scotty…”

“Before you say no, listen.  My parents already said yes and agreed to take Harper for us every now and then so we could go do something.  You don’t have to go to the shows, but if you want to, Mom said she’d watch Harper or you can sit backstage where it is quieter.”

“But I didn’t bring anything with me.  I just brought enough for a couple of days, just in case.”

“Ashley’s flying out to one of the shows next week.  She could bring stuff with her.  We can buy you stuff until then.  Please, I want to be with my girls.”

I was silent for a minute, as if thinking, when really, I was just wrapping my head around the fact that I was going to be taking our two week old daughter on tour.  “Alright.  Let me go call Rachel.  I’ll be right back.”  I stood up and grabbed my phone off the bedside table and walked out of the RV, dialing Rachel’s number.

After a few rings, Logan said, “Hey Emery, hold on.  I’ll go get Rachel.”

“Hey Bubby.”

“How were the fireworks?”

“Tonight was a lot of fun.”

“That’s great.  Here’s Rachel.”

“Hello?” Rachel asked.

“Hey, Rachel.  I have a question.”

“Okay…” she sounded skeptical.

“Can I stay with Scotty?”

“For how long?”

“I don’t know.  He wants me to travel with him.  And honestly, I want to.  I don’t want to raise Harper alone for the first two months of her life.”

“Do you think it’s a good idea to have her on the road?”

“Judy will be with us the whole time and Mike will be here some, too.  Judy has already said that she’d watch Harper if I wanted to go to a show so I don’t have to take her out.”

“So you talked to Judy before talking to us?”

“No.  Scotty did, before he even said anything to me.  I literally just got done talking to him about it before I called you.”

“Well…  I guess you can.  I don’t want to tell you that you can’t be with the father of your child.  What are you going to do about clothes and such?”

“Ashley’s coming next week; I’m going to see if she can get stuff for me and bring it.  And I can just pick stuff up for the next few days.”