Chapter 5- Busted!

The drive was about two hours, so we caught up on a lot of things happening in our lives.  We played ‘I Spy’ just like all of those times when we were younger and we made this same trip.  At least twice a year, his family and my family would go to the lake house my Grandpa owns.  It sits right on the edge of Badin Lake and the property is big, so there are not many houses around.  It is very peaceful and there are no distractions.

When we pulled off of the main road onto the road that leads to the house, I started getting excited.  We hadn’t come here much the last year and a half because Scotty’s family was gone a lot and my brothers were away at college.

Soon, the large, white house comes into view.  Scotty pulls his truck into the drive way and we get out, joining the rest of our families in the driveway.  We unloaded the bags and carried them inside. 

Ashley and I walked upstairs to the room we always share when we come here.  It is a pretty big room.  The walls are hot pink and it has 4 white trundle beds.  The bedspreads are all the same and they are white with flowers the same colors as the walls.  After claiming our beds, we join everyone in the living room.  When we reach the bottom of the stairs, which is right inside the front door, the door opens to reveal Logan and a very pregnant Rachel.

Rachel is a brunette and her hair reaches down to about her shoulders.  She is 5’ 6” and has a dark complexion.  I envy her natural beauty.  Logan is 6’5 and has short blonde hair.  They were a perfect couple.  They met in middle school and have been dating on and off, mostly on, since 9th grade.  They have been married for a little over a year now.

They came in and greeted everyone and then Logan carried their bags upstairs.  Now we were waiting on Chase and Jacob.  We all sat around in the living room watching baseball on TV, waiting for them to show up.  After about 30 minutes, we hear a vehicle pull up in the driveway and hear a series of doors opening and closing.  20 seconds later, the door opens.  Chace walks in first, followed by Jake, who is followed by 2 girls.  Hmm…

Chace introduces one of the girls as Anna, his girlfriend.  I knew he had a girlfriend, but it must be serious if he’s bringing her to meet the family.  Chace is a 6 foot brunette and his hair is always messy, but it looks good on him.  Anna is a 5 foot sort-of curly brunette with hair down to her armpits.  She is very pretty.

Jacob is 5’9” and has dark hair.  He wears it in a faux hawk a lot.  He introduced the other girl as Erin.  They are also dating.  She is also a brunette with curly hair.  Her features are soft and she is 5’5”.

After everyone is acquainted, my mom looks at me and Ashley and says, “Why don’t you girls show Anna and Erin where they will be sleeping.”

Looking at each other then back at my mom, we agree.

Walking over to where they are standing, I say, “Follow me.”  Ashley and I grab their bags and head up the stairs.  We walk into the room and show them the 2 open beds.  “You guys are welcome to fight over which one you want,” I said, jokingly.

As we walked back out into the hall, Ashley said, “We’ll show you where the boys’ room is in case you want to sneak over there after everyone is asleep.  And just so you know, the parents are on the third floor.”  Ashley winked at them and I couldn’t control my laughter.  Unsure of what to say, they just looked at each other and smiled, then nodded their heads. 

Ashley led us down the hall past 2 doors, one on each side of the hall, and to the door on the left side.  We heard a male voice say, “What do you think you’re doing, Miss McCreery?” just as she put her hand on the doorknob.  All 4 of us looked up to see Alex standing there with a smirk on his face.

Ashley blushed, replying, “Showing them where their boyfriends are going to be sleeping just in case they decide they want to sneak over here during the night.”

Trying to look stern, he said, “Now ladies, don’t listen to what they have to tell you.  They WILL get you in trouble.  They suck at sneaking around.  I would know.”

It was my turn to say something.  “Says the one who gets caught almost every time they try to sneak out of the house.  And what do you know?  Care to inform us?”

“For example, this morning when you came in to wake me up, I heard you.  I knew it was coming.  And when Scotty is at our house way after it’s time for him to be gone, yeah, you aren’t very good at being quiet.”  When he said that, I blushed, looking down.  Ashley turned and gave me a quizzical expression.  Alex turned to Ashley.  “And you, Miss McCreery, all of those times you and Emery tried pulling pranks, yeah, we heard you every time.”

By this point, Anna and Erin were laughing with Alex.  Ashley and I hung our heads in defeat.  This made them laugh more.

I was the first to speak up, “Well, this is their room.  You’ll have to figure out who sleeps where, but they’re all in there.”

“Okay,” they both said in unison.