Chapter One:

Caroline's POV

It's February 14th and that means....Birthday! Well I don't love my birthday but its a cool date to been born. I open my eyes and the first thing I see is my best friend Karen beside me with a birthday cake and some balloons. She's the best! Always know how make my day feel better. "Happy Birthday Hun!" She shouts "this is for ya, I made it hope you like it cause its your favv... Chocolate!" She gives me the colorful cake and sing the happy birthday song. I know her since 6th grade and we are the best friends, she's the confidence and funny one and I'm the shy and quite, perfect match right? "Awe thanks!" I say putting the cake on the nightstand and hugging her "You don't need to thanks sea snail! Love youuuu!" Yeah she called me "sea snail" haha I call her truck, a little joke. "Well you should get ready now! We are going to celebrate your sweet 16!!" She jumps and leave the balloons go up to the ceiling "Oh my mom let me be with you all day and all night too, I took the freedom to organize a sleep over!" She's the best, I told you. "Okay, where are we going?" She just smile "Its a surprise of course!" I rolled my eyes "How much time I have to get ready?" I ask "Take your time! Your mom is getting ready too and your dad still sleeping" She says. "Okay, I'll take a shower!" I shout in the bathroom "Yeah, I'll watch tv while I wait". I go to the bathroom and the first thing I do is brush my teeth, I don't know bout I feel more awake after I do that. I take a quick shower and wash my face, all I need now is choose my outfit. I go out and open my closet, I really don't know what to wear haha. I'm not a stylish girl but when I want I can look really good. I decide for a pair of high waisted denim shorts, a tribal crop top and platform beige sneakers, cool. "Well, how I look?" I ask Karen, she turn and watch me. "You look so pretty! But you need a bag, umm I'd choose it go to put some makeup" She says with a smile. I go back to the bathroom and put some makeup I don't like to look like a clown. I straight my hair and I'm ready. "Let's go, I'm ready" I say. "You look so beautiful sea snail!" She says with a big smile "A lot of guys would be behind ya! I chose this" She handle me a light brown bagpack, one of my favorites. "No one is gonna be behind me, you know it" she know how I feel, I tell her about everything even my unconfidence and my depression. "Hey don't say that,  you are beautiful! And I don't say it just cause I'm your best friend cause its true!" I try to say something but she speaks again "This is gonna be one of your best birthdays, I promise and I'm not the only person that think you are beauty" She says with a smirk, I know what she is talking. "Okay lets go!" I shout and walk out the room, we go downstairs and my parents and sister are in the living room. "Happy Birthday hun!" They scream and handle me a little box, I'm gonna open it but my dad stop me. "Open it when the day ends" I look at him and nod. "I'm too hungry! lets go" He says and we all go to the car. I put my favorite CD and we start singing. This is gonna be one of my best birthdays I can feel it.