ᏟhᎪᏢᏆᎬᏒ ᏆᎳᎬᏞᏉᎬ

Freezing Rain opened her eyes. Her heart heavy from everything that happened the night before. She walked out of the cave and opened her wings.  Standing at 3 wolves high she marveled at how big they were. The beauty of her wings never ceased to amaze her. She brought them down hard. They created an updraft that threw her into the sky. She continued to pump them until she was above the treetops. Straightening herself out she started to fly. Just then she felt her eyes sting with unshed tears. She closed her eyes tight to stop the flow. Despite her efforts, they leaked through her closed eyelids and down her cheeks. A sob tore through her muzzle. Then another and another.

The betrayal she felt from her mom broke her heart. Then realizing that she wasn't the only natural born winged wolf-that her mother was one too- just made it worse. She had been carrying around this guilt for ages. She couldn't believe her mom would do this to her. Her vision started to get blurry. Freezing Rain angled her wings to a position that allowed her to hover. Then the dam broke. Tears started to run down her muzzle until all you could hear were her sobs.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Blowing Wind got up his heart hammering. Where did Freezing Rain go?  Blowing Wind looked everywhere. Where could she have gone? He rushed out of the cave. He immediately recognized her scent and started to track her. Right before he took off he left a message for Minnow. Blowing Wind looked up and took off.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Freezing Rain's sobs turned into sniffles. Shaking her head to clear her eyes, she let out a big sigh. The kind of sigh that is full of sadness and joy at the same time. Her wings making a relaxing flapping sound. That's when she felt how tired her wings were.

Gods, how long have I been up here? Feels like hours. Freezing Rain angled her body down to the ground and started to fly. She knew that she needed to walk to at least give her wings a rest from flapping so much. As she entered the canopy of leaves she slowed down and stuck out her legs. Inches before touching the ground she folded her wings against her sides and ran a few feet from the momentum. She shook out her whole body before walking little ways back to camp. Her wings resting comfortably on her sides. She looked up at the sun and saw that it was just above the horizon. That's when she realized how worried Blowing Wind and Minnow must have been.

Crap! I didn't even think to consider what me running off like this would do to them. I hope they aren't too worried. Freezing Rain jumped up and opened her wings. She knew she was going to be extremely sore after this but she had to hurry back to camp. She didn't want Blowing Wind to worry anymore.

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Blowing Wind followed her scent as fast as he could. He had hoped Freezing Rain hadn't gone too far. He also didn't want to find out that she had run away from the pack. Just the thought broke his heart. Does this really mean nothing to her? Do I mean nothing to her? How could she just run off like this? Blowing Wind pumped his wings harder trying to go faster. He couldn't shake the feeling that she had done this on purpose. Left him. He hoped and prayed to the Gods that she didn't.  Oh,  Freezing Rain where are you?

🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

Freezing Rain pumped her wings quickly. She didn't know how far from camp she was but she knew that if she followed her scent she would find it fast enough. Gods, how could I be so stupid? I never meant to do this to Blowing Wind. Freezing Rain tried to not let these feelings lead to more tears but she couldn't help it. A few leaked out of her eyes. Just then she felt her body get a little hotter. Oh no! Not this again! Please no. I don't want to hurt anybody. Freezing Rain whimpered. With just that sound she felt her body cool down. She let out a sigh. I really need to work on my fire ability. I can't just let it keep happening every time I get upset. Maybe I can talk to Blowing Wind about working on it?  With that thought, more tears spilled down her cheeks. Her heart breaking about how worried Blowing Wind must've been. She pumped her wings harder than she's ever pumped them before.  Please please please be ok...