t h r e e

lucie was home in her bed writing in her journal. writing about her dreams was supposed to make them go away. her vivid nightmares of seeing her brother die, or watching her dad kill her or her mom. watching her mother kill her brother. all of it made her wake up in her bed shaking.

she wasn't afraid of it. just concerned. She doesn't fear anything. she's a fearless girl who doesn't care. she hears pebbles start to pound on her window. She ignored them until they became to much and she swung open the window and moved away from the rock.

richie was down on her grassy lawn. "hey hot stuff can up there sweet thang"

"go to hell tozier" lucie said back. she left her window open though. "ill take that as a yes" richie climbs her wall into the third story window and falls on to the ground. "as smooth as a ninja" he groaned before pushing himself up.

"whadda ya want tozier" lucie asked. she put her journal down on the bed and looked to him.

"is that a diary?"

"kinda. my vivid nightmares from the ptsd" without anything else richie flips to the first page. "1978 September 27" he reads aloud. lucie does simple stuff like eating her bagel and fixing her desk. her ocd kicking in.

"all I saw was blood. splashing over my face and hands and the my dad loomed over me holding my dead body in his arms." richie said. that was the only thing she remembered from that dream. that her dad had killed her. that's when it started.

"wow some of this shit is deep as fuck" richie continued to read it before setting it down. "do you not me want to read it? is it private?" richie asked.

"i don't care" she shrugged richie set the book down. looking at her with concern. lucie was confused. you couldn't tell if she was upset or scared because she was never scared.

"are you okay?" richie asked. lucie thought. she knew she wasn't. that something lurked. something was waiting.

"m' fi- im not really" she says finally.
"what happened?" richie asked. all signs of silly and fun richie were gone.

"i saw something. it was a fucking scary as shit clown" richie shuddered at the mention of a clown and lucie placed a hand on in his shoudler.

"are you afraid?" richie asked lucie.

"no."

"good. there's nothing to be afraid of"

•°•°•

but there is. when they see ben running through the berrens screaming about the bowers gang lucie almost loses it.

"was it all four assholes?" eddie asked. "yeah yeah"

The trees rustle and lucie moves to them and grabs one of their wrists, it's Patrick. she shoved him to the ground with mock interest and turned to the other three.

"luc-"

"shut the actual fuck up Victor!" henry ran at the younger criss and pulled out his knife. "hey fuck off mullet man!" richie yelled to henry. lucie pushed henry her way and into victor's face. lucie pulled at bev's light cigarette and pressed it the side of her brothers shirt.

"i don't have a brother anymore"

•°•°•

"victor is your brother?" stan asked surprised.
"not anymore. he's a dick" lucie said back.

"lucie!!" she snapped her head around at her brother. "i got it" richie said. "fuck off you dick!" mike was gagging at the smell of meat.

victor in the best of the moment grabbed a rock and threw it. lucie almost screamed. She threw a rock back, hitting patrick. they kept throwing rocks back and forth. lucie jumped off the small hill into the water and straight to henry, who she knocked face first into the water easily with her leg and a punch. patrick and his friend had disappeared.

"luc im so sorry"

"no your not you dick" lucie said. "LUCIE!" richie yelled. lucie snapped around to look at IT. It was tall and white, red hair. pennywise the clown.

"hahaha lucie. everyone's afraid" victor moved his hand in her sisters face. "is it your schizophrenia again?" he asked. "do you see it?" she asked simply.

"yes" richie said. "then it isn't" she turned back but the clown had disappeared.