Chapter 30

Allen casually threw back his champagne as he leaned against the bar. It was Chloe birthday party, and he was bored out of his mind. His mood lightened as he saw Lilly walk into the party.

Lilly held her breath as Allen strutted over to her and offered his arm. She smirked as she crossed her arms and questioned his intentions with her glare. Allen smiled as leaned down and whispered in her ear, "Well, if you want me to leave you to cousin Jerkis Pervis over there, I'll gladly do so." Lilly's eyes turned to where Allen cut them and noticed his cousin licking his lips in their direction. She shyly looked back to him, "So, are you my date?"

Lilly reluctantly nodded.

"I promise. I'll be a good boy." Allen gently took her arm and lead her to the dance floor.

She tried to avoid eye contact as they danced but Allen couldn't take his eyes off of her, "So, where's your guy? He didn't want to meet the family?"

Lilly signed as he kept his hands on her waist, "He couldn't. He was on call."

"On, call. Let me guess; Doctor?"

Lilly winked and continued to avoid eye contact.

"Shrink?"

Lilly pursed her lips as she punched his shoulder.

"Ow, I didn't say yours. Of course, we both need one. Hell, this whole family does. Except the baby. She's beyond help." Allen chuckled as he watched Lilly smile and shake her head.

Lilly sighed as he pulled her closer.

Allen whispered in her ear, "I miss making you laugh."Lilly's heart was fluttering with anxiety, he could feel her distress. "Calm down. I promise I'll be good."

Lilly took deep breaths to calm herself.

"You ok?" Allen looked past her shoulder. She shyly smiled at him for reassurance.

The attention was then focused on little Chloe. The whole crowed "Ooohh," over her when she started to cry from the candles on the massive cake.

"See, what did I tell ya?" Allen smirked as he clapped and shook his head.

Lilly playfully nudged him. He wrapped his arms around her waist as he nuzzled into her neck. To his surprise, she didn't pull away, she stayed.

"Just give him this.", she thought. "Just don't let it go any further. "

As the three corse meal was served, Allen and Lilly took a seat at one of the back tables. The couple was having a good time catching up on lost time as they threw back drinks. "So, who was the worst person you ever photographed?"

Lilly pressed her right eye closed as and tilted her left, "Mario Dugal. He was a pig. Inside and out."

Allen chuckled, "The chef Mario Dugal?"

Lilly snickered as her drinks kicked in.

"Ok, who was your favorite?"

"Russel Pratt." She leaned her chin on one of her palms.

Allen's smile eased, "How long before his suicide?"

Lilly signed with a sad smile, "A week."

"That's a shame."

Lilly wiped a lone tear from her eye and signed, "Yeah."

"Well... lets lighten the mood." Allen pulled a deck of cards from his jacket. "Seven card stud?"

Lilly happily nodded.

After two hours of poker and drinks, Allen ushered a drunk Lilly to her room. He snickered as she tried to sign, "My goodness you can't hold your liquor, even your sign language is slurred."

Lilly threw back her head in amusement.

"Ok princess, here we go." Allen scooped her up and wabbled as he carried her up the stairs.

Lilly was still laughing, "Do I need to carry you?"

Allen did a loud laugh, "Oh, my hero."

He slightly almost dropped her at the top of the stairs but she found it amusing. When he reached the door, he pushed it open with his knee and threw her on the bed. Lilly's eyes were growing heavy. He pulled back the covers and gently tucked her in. He hovered over her sweet face and leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. "As much as I want to take advantage of your beautiful wasted ass, I won't."

She chuckled and reached for his hand and kissed the palm and closed it as though she gave him a treasure. He kept his hand closed as he left her room. He noticed as he went to reached for his door handle, he had switched to the other hand as though he didn't want to lose the gift she had given him.