Chapter one

I kept hearing noises. I then turned around and lifted up my black skirt and started walking faster. My red shoes clinking as I went. I heard another noise. This time I turned around quickly. I was fed up.

"Whoever that is, show yourself! I'm fed up with you. You have been following me through the forest for eight years." The rustles became inconsistent and I just scoffed.

"Babies. Afraid of a little girl." then I turned around and ran into a boy my age, but a little taller. Maybe the floor to the bottom of your bed taller than me.

"I'm not scared of no girl." He sneered in my face. I just stared at him. He was so gorgeous. His icey eyes were dreamy, his abs showed obviously and his ripped jeans had traces of leaves on them. He clicked his fingers in my face.

"What? Sorry." I shook my hair. A flower came out of my flower crown fell on the ground. I was going to pick it up, but the boy picked it up for me. Twirling it in his fingers.

"I said, what is a pretty girl like you doing in the forest alone?" I blushed a little.

"Oh, uh I am visiting my gran?" I tried to convince myself.

"Are you sure?"

"Uh, yeah. I have jam drops in here for her." he smiled at me and gave me the daisy back.

"So, what's your name?"

"Red. You?" I said, taking back the flower and putting it back in place.

"Dane. Would you like some company in your walk?" he asked, reaching for my basket, but I moved so he couldn't touch it.

"Um, no." I said straight up. "It's half an hour's walk and I don't want to bore you."

"Bore me?" Dane laughed. "How can someone as pretty as you bore me? Come on. I will make this interesting." he said with a smile. About twenty minutes into the walk, I was quite comfortable with Dane. I heard rustles through the bushes.

Dane put me behind him with his arms spread out. I could see the muscles in his back tense. The sounds came from everywhere.

Then suddenly, a bare chested guy, looking around eighteen, jumped out and stole my basket.

"Haha. I stole your gran's jam drops." He chimed. He kept putting it out of reach so that I couldn't get it. "Nice going, bro. Let's go."

I flicked my head around at Dane behind me. He had a face of shame. His head hung low.

"Bro? He's your brother? I thought I could trust you!" I yelled at him. I picked up my skirt and ran to gran's house.

"Red! Wait." but I didn't.

"Red! Red!" I snapped out of my day dream. I was now twenty five again. Not thirteen.

"Huh?" I said. I was in a hunter meeting. I was the top hunter so I would always have to be there with four guys. Actually, let me rephrase. I'm the only hunter in my cottage.

"Listen up! Okay, so in the Fairy Forest, there has been an outbreak of werewolves. Told to have a weird, tribal birthmark on their chests and backs. Ummm, some described as black haired others brunet in human form.

They have been terrorising for weeks and have eaten all the chocolate.

Some females have been used as either sex slaves or just slaves for their new 'king and queen'. We don't have any names yet, but I assure you that you will find them out. Go Red." my father patted me on the shoulder as my mother fetched my bow and arrow, basket, hood and gun to shove in the pocket of the hood.

"I believe in you, Red. You are a Ridinghood." mother smiled at me. I hugged her.

"Thanks mother. Be back in a couple of days." I waved. I got some sandwiches, chocolates, water and fruit. I took in a deep breath before taking my first steps outside. I put my hood over my head and raced off to the Fairy Forest. Carrying the gun in the basket.

When I reached the forest, I threaded carefully. Making sure to not step on any twigs to disturb the fairies. I accidentally stepped on a crumpled leaf.

"Who is there?" a gruff voice came from behind the hill. Using my skills in landscape, I did my best to hide myself in some bushes. I squatted down. After a while, the man climbed down the hill and put his hands on his hips.

"I said, 'who is there?'" The gruff voice spoke once more. The man only looked thirty, but maybe he was forty. Gruff Voice then turned into an alpha grey wolf. I gasped. I was supposed to shoot this alpha? I put on my best scared looked and headed out of the bushes.

"W-what are you?" I asked. I scooted towards him. He turned human again and faked a soft face.

"I'm Harold Parker. Who are you young lady."

"Valerie Turner." I lied. I make up names so that I didn't get caught. I lifted my head up and the alpha seemed surprised by my eyes so I shot my head back down cautiously.

"Well, don't worry. I can help you carry your basket." I

Quickly flipped alpha to the ground and put my foot on his neck and the gun was in my left hand. I was left handed.

"You yell, your head is going to be blown to pieces, alpha." I spat, keeping my eyes on his.