Chapter eighteen

I waited until Dane was asleep before getting up and opening the door quietly and closing it quietly. With my bag of things, I crept through the halls and placed a letter through the little slot in the office and left.

I felt the cool breeze hit my face.

"Red? Red?" I ignored the whispers. It was just the wind playing tricks on me.

"Red?" he whispered again.

"Leave me alone, Brett. I'm going home."

"You can't just leave," he grabbed my arm. "You have worked so hard to get these guys like the way they are."

"Have two days, though."

"Wake them up then. Let me take this," he gabbed my suitcase, "and get everyone up. You are a Ridinghood. You must put up with all this."

"But I don't want to be just another Ridinghood. I want to be the first Red. The girl who defeated a whole school of vampires. You wouldn't understand Brett," I tried grabbing the suitcase off of him.

"Nope. Help them help you. You got that, Red. You have ten minutes to get equipment ready." He then walked off to my room.

I stomped my foot and snuck back into the principals office, got the note and headed to my room to get knives, ropes and stakes and garlic. Oh, and a dash of holy water. I looked over at Dane who was still sleeping. I shook my head. I couldn't think of him right now. He wouldn't help me anyway. I lightly shook Joey.

"What?" he groaned.

"Come on, we have training."

"What about Dane?"

"I wouldn't bother him." he rubbed his eyes and got changed. I did this to everyone else and they all got dressed. I slipped a letter into the principals office saying that I will have everyone doing skills practicals for the next two days. As I walked out to the oval where the equipment was, I saw Brett there. He looked so perfect in the moonlight. Did I just sing some song lyrics from 5sos? Shit! My teammates made that song stuck in my head.

"So, is this all necessary?" he asked as I walked to stand beside him.

"I guess. It's all the essentials that a girl needs to survive in the 1850's." I smiled at him.

"You know, there's not many girls like you,"

"It's because most girls don't go around killing supernaturals as a living." I said with a slight blush. That's when he did it. He kissed me. On the lips. You have no idea how long he has been my crush for. When he finally broke away he seemed satisfied.

"Mind being my girlfriend?"

"I wouldn't mind at all," I smiled. I punched him in the shoulder and we both laughed. As people started coming, my hunting mind kicked in.

"Okay, everyone. Same as earlier today, but with ropes. Go and show me your best time. Go!" I yelled. They all grabbed a bit of rope and went to work.

"You know, you're really cute when you're in hunting mode," Brett smirked at me. I could see it from the corner of my eye.

"Why are you here actually?" I knew it sounded weird but I needed to know.

"I told...... ok. I'm here to spy on you. Your little brother wants to copy your every move so that he can be like you."

"I don't have a little brother,"

"Oh, then your cousin."

"My cousins consist of girls. Brett if......"

"I'm actually here because....."

"You're lying to me. I can see it. Just don't talk to me. We are over. Now, get out."

"But,"

"Do you want me to make you?" I growled. He put his head down and went to the fence and jumped over it. Dashing through the darkness.

"Again!" I clapped and everyone untied, ran back and went through races.

It was now two am and we were all getting tired.

"Okay, I think we have enough training. Alfie, Casper, Joey and others that are vlogging, we do not 'vlog' in battle. Next time they will be snapped in half. Be up by eight. Off you go." the all grunted a good bye and walked past me. I stayed behind to pick up and pack up everything into my sack.

"Need any help?"

"Nah, Dane. I'm good."