Chapter nineteen

I picked up the last knife and put it with the rest in the bag, swinging it over my shoulder and pushing past Dane.

"You know, I'm only trying to be nice," he said in a harsh voice.

"Oh, so you're being nice. That's a first," I chimed back at him as I went back to my room. I wanted to get out of here so bad, but something was making me stay. I didn't know what it was, but it was haunting me.

I walked into my room and dropped my stuff at the wardrobe and snuck back out into the grasses area. I just watched the horses race each other down the hills and picked grass out of the fields. I didn't know why, but here I felt like I was alone finally. That I could do anything.

I got up and got out my pocket knife. I made it seem like the tree was the vampire and I was alone fighting off the last vampire.

She's a tough one, I could tell. Everyone else was just a blur. It was me, her and the pocket knife. I stabbed her once. No luck. Stabbed her twice. Still nothing. I reached behind me and grabbed my stake and struck her in the heart. That worked. She screamed in pain and then evaporated into thin air.

"Yes!" I squealed. I did a happy dance while putting my knife and stake into my back pocket. I danced in the moonlight until I saw a hint of orange coming from the horizon.

"Shit!" I raced around the back of the building, climbed the storm pipes and snuck in through my window. I rolled onto my bed and as soon as I hit my pillow I fell asleep. To be honest I was really really tired.

When I woke up, I had people looking at me. I rolled over onto my face.

"What?" I groaned.

"What are you still doing in bed?" Luke asked, tugging the sheets a little.

"Ugh, it's Sunday. Go do training. I will be out in ten minutes," I lied.

"Nope. We aren't going to train today," I looked at Ashton slightly.

"Huh? Why not?"

"We have a birthday surprise for you," Calum said, pulling out clothes and dumping them on me.

"I'm only turning 23. It's not a big deal,"

"Oh, on the contrary. It says in the werewolf hand book that if a werewolf is 23, then they must have a special celebration," Michael said, getting my makeup and putting it on my quite well with what Calum placed out for me to wear.

"But I'm not...."

"Today you are," Connor said. "Today, you become a werewolf. Now, we know how much you love animals and spiders and things, so we are taking you to the zoo!" my eyes widened.

"The zoo? I love the zoo!" I screamed. I shove them all out of my room and got changed, brushing and curling my hair and put on some black tie up shoes.

I opened the door and literally the whole was there. We could all drive and we parked our cars outside of the bubble thing.

"Ready! Okay, everyone. Are we all carpooling? Because we have 400 people...."

"4000!" Kian shouted out.

"Right and 4000 people divided by 4 seats equals 1000 cars. So go into 1000 groups of four and lets go. I'm taking my car and I will be behind everyone. Lets go,"

"Yeah!" everyone shouted and rushed to their cars. I waited till the end of the group and followed everyone else.

*on the road*

"Don't stop. Keep your body moving. Coz you know that I like it." I sung along to 5sos. My team could make really catchy songs. I was just driving behind everyone and we all had walky talkies. I decided to say some lyrics to everyone.

"Hey, 5sos,"

"Yes," they all rang in.

"Don't stop. Doing what your doing. Coz you know that I like it," they all chuckled and made some weird sounds over the line. These '5sos boys' made me smile. They made me smile a lot.