Chapter twenty

*it's time for the killing*

"Okay," I whispered on the walky talky in the bushes behind the school, "everyone is in positions. Now, when I say go, find as many vampires as you can and kill them. Sir has given me the ok to do this because he hates the school. Ready? Go!" There was a lot of rustling, but after a while, I saw students go into the grounds and hide.

I ha to supervise just in case something happens.

"Excuse me?" oh no. A teacher has spotted them. I grabbed my bow and arrow and shot her in the heart with a stake. She fell straight to the ground. There was a lot of dust on the floor after our little massacre. We all came back to base.

"Yes! We did it!" I screamed as we ran away from the school.

"Red! You did it!" Caspar said, picking me up and spinning me around. He put me down and we continued running. As we got halfway to the academy, I had a sudden realisation. I stopped and walked. After this, I had to attend my sister's funeral and then go back home.

"Red? You coming?" Joe asked, coming over to me.

"Oh, you know. Can't keep up with wolves." I half smiled. Joe picked me up and ran to the academy.

"Well done!" Sir said, walking over to me.

"Oh, sir. I just supervised. Congratulate the boys." I looked at him. I was sad and he knew why.

"We loved your attendance here. Now, it's going to rain soon so you better hurry up,"

"Can you not tell them? I'd rather they forgot about me. It will keep my cover a secret,"

"My lips are sealed hunter." He smiled. I walked past him and up the steps to my room. I quickly packed everything and waited until everyone was in the showers.

I walked out the gates and then looked back.

"Good bye academy. You've taught me a lot." Then to make the mood even worse it started to rain. At least this way no one knew I was crying. I shifted the bag weight in my shoulder and started my walk.

"Red! Red!" great. Of course he would come.

"Not now, Dane." I said.

"No, where are you going?" he asked. Pulling me to a stop.

"I've done my work here. I've made an impression on the academy,"

"No, why are you really leaving?"

"I have to attend my sister's funeral,"

"What happened?" by now we were both drenched.

"My sister, Ashleigh, she stood on the edge of a cliff and I was there. I didn't know what she was doing. I thought she was bungee jumping. I was wrong. She was done. Finished. She was bullied way too much because people wanted her to be like me. She held her arms out wide and said angles can fly and she looked at her battle scars for the last time and saw her last tear. Then she faced me and said 'sorry Red' and fell. I tried to save her," I wiped a tear away.

"Will you come back?" I was shocked by this question. Will I come back?

THE END OF BOOK ONE!