the one with the parents

ok but this isn't just in fan-fiction this is in tv shows and movies, too.

why is it always that at least one parent is dead?

your parents love you, most likely, they'd take a bullet for you. they'd watch over you, they'd give you all they could.

and if you're 14 and your parents die, you're not going to survive.

all these carl grimes fanfictions with a lonely, broken girl are fucking me up.

if the parents abused the oc, that's a reason for them to be alone. not saying that that's beautiful,, but it's reasonable.

besides parents they'd have to have at least one parent or guardian to survive. we saw carl in that pudding episode, he tried to kill three walkers and nearly died.

your teenager ain't gonna be no expert killer.

definitely not trained with weapons, unless you prove so in the book.

and i must admit, i'm fairly cliché myself and no expert. i'm an asshole tbh.

my point is that your oc, being a teenager, would not last longer than a week by his/herself.

now let's get into shane's, negan's, daryl's daughter etc.

'daryl's daughter' is a difficult one. that would mean daryl would have to go to work — it means he'd have to stop getting drunk and all the shit he does. so, your plan is pretty weak and likely to attract cringe people.

also,,

daryl and merle don't show affection.

merle would not say very loving things, along with daryl.

and some of you bitches might be like

'wellz he hus a famuly his lif will chunge'

if it occurred on a one-night stand, daryl would most likely run away from the issue being his daughter.

shane

if shane was a parent, he'd might've not gotten freaky with lori, he also wouldn't have died just to kill rick. he wouldn't have went as insane. he'd live to love his child, the one thing that made him feel right. he wouldn't have died—

good luck with that.

negan

probably wouldn't have changed as much, probably wouldn't kill people before his eyes— and if he did, he'd blame it on survival. also,, negan doesn't have a last name or it's unknown or some shit, so good luck.

rick

if you're planning on making an oc to be rick's daughter, you just need a little effort. they can look more like lori than rick, just don't make the faceclaim some sabrina carpenter like i did when i was inexperienced. make sure the aging is planned out correctly.

cliché titles for family:

sheriff's daughter

negan's daughter

deputy's daughter

daughter of a dixon

suggestions:

the second sibling

madman's daughter

[ that's all i got and i know they're cliché but whatever]