the one where there is writer's block

dealing with writer's block is one of the most fucking annoying things ever.

for those of you who aren't aware, what writer's block is, no it's not some wattpad malfunction. but it sure sounds like one.

writer's block
phrase of writer
1.
the condition of being unable to think of what to write or how to proceed with writing.

it is the most frustrating part of being an author, or even just writing any piece of work. and i'm here to tell you how to deal with these frustrations.

listen to music.
there are many methods to defeat writer's block, and one of the most famous simple ones is listening to music. you might to be tired of hearing it, because it is everywhere, but that's only because it works so well. make a playlist and put all songs that have relation to the book / calm you down. calm music can put your mind at ease through all the aggravation, and the lyrics can give you ideas.

make a routine.
after writing a lengthy chapter and feeling satisfied, i take two days off, unless i know what i'm doing. on the first day i watch the next episode thoroughly, and slowly come up with ideas in my head. on the second day i start to form as many ideas as possible during showers, before i go to bed (which keeps me up all night) , during dinner, and breakfast. i get ideas based off things i see during the day. then i take as long off as i need until i'm not lazy. it's usually in a 5 day - 8 day time period.

search up random words.
i search up a definition of a word. pretend i searched up cheerful, and then i'd press one of the synonyms like buoyant. this would motivate me to write a happy, optimistic chapter.

character development.
sometimes you might be asking yourself 'well what can my oc / character say in this chapter?' character development is one of the most important things in a book. you can't just jump into the story, we need to have knowledge of your character. we need to trust your character so that they won't leave, or break carl's tiny heart, or hurt anyone in the group. make your character do actions that impress the rest of the group. give your oc thoughts about the group, about each character (not just carl) and maybe even write about the original character's past. it has to be in relation with the chapter, so that people aren't just sitting there bored and confused. maybe a character, for example rosita, reminded them of somebody they used to know. give your oc thoughts and personality. bring them to life.

i gave you most of my secrets so appreciate me thanks

that was a joke^

-xx sara