Ms. Mystic Falls

-------skip to ball--------

We arrived just in time for the announcement.

"We had a very hard choice this year on choosing Ms. Mystic Falls." One of the judges said nicely.

"Yeah right." I snarked under my breathe.

"We both know it'll be Caroline." I scoffed and then started to walk towards the punch bowl table.

"Ms. Mystic Falls is Abigail Gilbert." They announced and everyone stared at me and clapped.

I looked around extremely surprised and curious is this was rigged.

I sat my punch cup down and looked over at Damon.

He winked and gave a cute smile.

I shook my head at him while I giggled a bit.

I walked up the steps onto the stage and the judge placed a tiara on my head.

"Congrats!" She said giving me a warm smile.

"Thank you." I replied giving a grin back.

Everyone clapped as I bowed and then walked back onto the floor.

"Huh, that's funny. I thought that belonged to Caroline." Damon scoffed as he grabbed my hands and started to dance around with me.

I rolled my eyes and rested my head on his shoulder and caught Elena's eye.

"Meet outside. Just you." She mouthed to me from a distance.

"I'll be right back, Elena wants to talk to me alone. Wish me luck." I said giving him a funny grin and walking out.

Elena stood by a brown bench facing the land that laid behind the ballroom.

I walked up next to her and took a seat on the bench. She sat next to me.

"How are you?" She asked looking at me concerned.

"How am I? Well....I have been a vampire for three days now. I crave the taste of blood and my emotions are heightened. Shall I go on?" I sassed at her.

"Why are you being like this?" She asked back about my attitude.

"Elena, I didn't want to become a vampire. I'd rather have died." I said letting a tear slip down my cheek.

"Why is it so bad to be a vampire? The cravings and emotions will die down within a week. What is this really about?" She asked confused.

"Why did I live and Collin die?" I asked letting a tear slip down my cheek.

Collin was my boyfriend...we had been dating for 5 months and we were at a party Thursday night.

We were driving home and he had a few drinks in his system. We were just a few blocks from the Salvatore house when he crashed into a tree.

Stefan found us and fed me his blood right before I died. Then I came back to life a vampire. And for Collin....he was too late.

Elena wrapped her arms around me and squeezed.

"He deserved to live. He deserved to go to college, get married, and have children and then grown old." I said sobbing even harder.

"I'm glad Stefan saved you instead of Collin because I don't know what I would do without you." Elena said giving me a kiss on the cheek and rocking me back and forth like my mom used to do when I was upset.

I dried my eyes and sniffled.

"You don't need to be negative all the time, that's not what Collin would've wanted." Elena said.

I knew she was right.

"I miss the positive and up-beat dance captain, honor roll student, and beautiful singing artist that used to be my sister." She said standing up and bringing me up with her.

"I'll try to act normal." I murmured.

"I love you." She said giving me one last hug.
"I love you too sis." I said hugging her back.

I dried my eyes and walked inside.

"Everything okay?" Stefan asked us.

"Yeah, thanks." I said giving him a smile and walking towards Damon.

"Sorry about that. We just needed to talk." I said giving a fake smile.

"Oh I know. I listened to it." He said bluntly.

I swallowed and continued to sway with him.

"It's alright to be sad." He whispered.
I nodded my head and gave him a small smile.

"Thank you." I whispered back.

"Let's get you home." He said leading us out of the ballroom and towards the limo.

------

We all arrived home and Elena & Stefan walked to their room.

"Want to hang out here while they sleep together?" Damon asked giving a wink.

"Damon! They probably don't want you talking about their love life." I said laughing a bit.

"They are doing it in my house, so I'm allowed to talk about it." He said pouring two glasses of bourbon.

He sat next to me and handed me a glass.

"Should I turn it off?" I asked staring at the fire place.

"No. It's a cold and reckless feeling." He said shaking his head.

"But it I don't want to feel anything anymore." I said shrugging my shoulders and chugging the bourbon.

"What if I took your mind off of things?" He asked looking for a solution.

"I'm not going to go kill people Damon." I said giving a chuckle

He laughed too but then grabbed my hand.

"You don't have to be strong all of the time." He said sweetly.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek and I quickly removed it with my thumb.

He grabbed me and rested my head on his shoulder.

I laid snuggled up to him next to a burning fire in the fireplace.

"Damon, when do the cravings stop?" I asked him.

"Never." He responded running his hands through my hair.