Bad Day

I walked out of my room freshly dressed for the day and whatever comes with it.

Damon and I were a couple and Elena had to deal with that. She's making it a bigger deal than it should be.

I walked into the kitchen to find Elena fixing breakfast.

"Good morning." She said as I walked in.

Everyone was sitting around the table.

"What's this?" I asked sitting down next to Damon and Jeremy.

"I'm sorry for overreacting last night, it was not my intent. Do you forgive me?" She asked handing me a plate full of bacon and waffles. She knew that waffles were my weakness.

"Yes I forgive you." I said taking the plate and giving a wink at Damon.

He gave me a smirk making me blush.

"So do you need help making dinner tonight?" I asked her.

"Sort of, could you be in charge of grabbing dessert?" She asked.

"Sure, Damon and I can handle it." I said trying to include him.

After breakfast Damon and I went to the store to pick out a pie or cake.

"Apple pie? It's an American favorite." I said giving him an encouraging smile.

"No! I've had that way too many times." He argued and picked out a peach cobbler.

"You eat like my Grandma." I sassed.

He grabbed me by the waist and spun me around making me laugh uncontrollably.

"AHHHH NO!!" Someone yelled from the front of the store.

Damon immediately put me down and ran to the front of the store. I followed close behind.

A middle-aged woman was bleeding out her neck while laying on a conveyer belt.

"Oh my gosh Damon." I said covering my mouth and walking over to her slowly.

"Whoever did this wanted to make sure we saw it. I'll call Stefan." He said pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Hey Stefan, you need to get over to Mystic Grocery." He said into the phone.

"What do we do with the body?" I asked smelling the blood and walking away trying to control myself.

"Damon I can't...I'm sorry I just-..." I stuttered.

"Abby get out of here. Now!" He yelled at me as I stumbled out into the cold air.

"Abby, what's wrong?" Stefan asked running up to me.

The veins started to appear on my face and this time they didn't fade.

My fangs pierced through my gums as I sprinted inside the store.

I ran to the blood.

I grabbed her wrist and before I could sink my teeth in- Damon snapped my neck.

Damon's POV——

"I'm going to be in a serious doghouse tonight." I said shaking my head while carrying Abby to the car.

"That's the least of our worries right now. Who do we think did it?" Stefan asked.

"I don't know, but I intend to find out." I said placing her in the car and then pulling out of the parking lot.

—Two hours later—

Abby's POV—

I blinked two or three times before realizing what happened.