Blood

I woke up laying on the couch in the living room next to the burning fireplace.

"Good morning sleepy head." Damon said walking in and handing me a blood bag.

I took it from him while I rubbed my eyes as they went into focus.

"Thank you." I said taking a sip and then slurping the rest down with no hesitation.

"I have an errand to make. So I'll be back in a few." He said giving a smirk and walking out the front door.

I sat on my phone for about 20 minutes.

Then the front door forcefully swung open.

I gasped and stood up.

There stood a nightmare in itself.

Klaus.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I guess you could say that I have a thing for baby Gilbert." He said giving a cocky grin and speeding around me so he was now facing my back.

"What do you want from me?" I asked getting frustrated.

"Your blood. Just a gallon or two." He said giving a small laugh.

"Why do you need my blood?" I said confused.

"For my hybrids. Since Elena is now a vampire she is not of use to me anymore. But since you are her twin....you'll work." He said rubbing his hands together and not breaking his smile.

He looked me in the eyes and said,
"Faint."

I fell over unconscious.

Ouch. My neck ached and my head was spinning.

I tried to stand up but I realized where I was.

Ropes were knotted around my ankles and my wrists.

A tube was inserted to my forearm and was slowly taking every ounce of my blood.

I was in a hospital...Klaus must've compelled the doctors.

A chill overwhelmed my body when Klaus appeared over me.

"Good afternoon, my personal blood bank." He snarled while twirling my phone in his hands.

"Don't do this." I struggled to say.

"You're human, what are you going to do?" He asked giving a chuckle.

He thought I was human, and from the amount of blood he was taking...I felt like one.

I debated on whether I should tell him, but came to a conclusion.

If he feeds his newborn hybrids this blood, they'll start to feed on vampires and they'll slowly kill each other.

Clever.

Then out of nowhere the tube started to take my blood faster and faster until it made me sick to watch.

I shut my eyes and tried to squirm out of the rope.

"Let me go!" I shouted.

He took the tube out and put the lid on his almost two gallons of blood.

"See you next month, Ms. Gilbert." He said nodding his head and speeding out the door.

I took a deep breathe and tried to break free but I was too dehydrated and deoxygenated.

After what felt like forever, I heard Damon's voice.

"Abby?" He said walking into my hospital room.

"Damon?" I asked squinting at him.

"Let's get you home." He said untying me and picking me up bridal style.

------

After a 10 minute drive home, Damon opened the car door for me and carried me into the living room and laid me down on the couch.

"You are stupid." He said angrily.

"It was my only choice." I huffed and sat up.

"You could've told him you were a vampire. He could've killed you." Damon said pacing around.

"Damon, I'm fine." I said standing up wobbly.

"You could've died, and I wasn't there in time." He said placing his hands on my cheeks.

I looked down at the ground and shook my head.

"It isn't your job to save me." I said giving him a stern look.

"Yes it is, your sister put me in charge of you. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you." He said stepping closer to me.

I looked him in the eyes and saw something I hadn't seen before.

Compassion.

It was extremely attractive but I wasn't going to let him get in my head. I mean I'll try not to.

"Damon, you're reckless and unreliable. I can't..." I said backing up and shaking my head.

Then he grabbed my hand and spun me around.

My lips landed right on his perfectly.

His hands made their way to my hips as mine moved to his hair.

Then I heard the front door open.

We quickly pulled away awkwardly.

I plopped down on the couch behind me and Damon rushed to the other.

"Oh my gosh, how are you?" Elena said running over to me.

"I'm fine. I just need blood and some rest." I said reassuring her.

"I just want to kill him, but he's probably in our family line." She said shaking her head and kissing my forehead.

"Let's get you to bed." She said picking me up by my hand and walking me upstairs.

I caught Damon's eye and he winked.

This was the start of something different but I liked it.