Anonymous

Riley couldn't take it anymore. She had to tell her, she had to say something. Telling Farkle her biggest secret wasn't enough. Talking to him about it wasn't enough. But if she told her, things would only fall apart.

"I know how much it's killing you Riley, just tell her.", Farkle tells her.

"I can't. You know I can't and you know I won't.", Riley doesn't budge. And it was true, Farkle knew Riley would never do something that risked her friendship was Maya, especially since he knows how Riley feels about Maya.

He tries to determine whether or not Maya feels the same. But Maya was the one person that Farkle can't determine the feelings of. She's still as mysterious as she was back in the 7th grade, back when things were simpler.

Back when boy likes girl, girl likes boy. Then things became complicated in 8th grade, where boy likes girl, girl likes boy, other girl likes boy, then boy likes other girl. And now there was highschool, Riley and Lucas didn't work out, and now they were facing another complication.

"Well, how about you tell her anonymously?", Farkle suggests.

"Like how? Put a cheesy note in her locker?", Riley chuckles.

"No. Text her anonymously, using a fake account on our school social media."

Riley thinks about it for a second,"Okay. I'll do it."

-----

Riley had already created the fake account pretending to be a boy and spent 10 minutes thinking about what to say. First she follows Maya's account then starts a chat with her.

"I like you.", she types in only to quickly delete it to type,"I'm in love with you." She stares at it for for a moment only to delete it again. "Too forward.", she thinks to herself.

She decided to just start off with a simple conversation.

anonymous16: Hi!

She stares at the phone blankly, waiting for a reply. A few minutes pass before she hears a ding. Although it wasn't from the school social media, it was a text to her phone.

She checks it and smiles to herself, it was Maya.

Peaches😍: Some stranger just texted me. Should I reply?

Riley: Sure. Why don't you just see where this goes?

Peaches😍: Okay, whatever you want.

Riley: Make sure to tell me everything!

Peaches 😍: Okay honey!

A couple seconds later, she received a text.

xoxohart: Who is this?
anonymous16: Can't say, sorry.
xoxohart: Umm, okay?
xoxohart: What do you want?
anonymous16: Can we talk?
xoxohart: I don't even know who you are.
anonymous16: I know. I just need some advice please?
xoxohart: Uh, sure?
anonymous16: I like this girl.
xoxohart: Okay?
anonymous16: I am also a girl.
xoxohart Oh, well I don't see a problem with that. Does she?
anonymous16: I don't know but she's my best friend.
xoxohart: Well if she's your best friend i'm sure she'll understand.
anonymous16: Really?
xoxohart: If she really is your best friend.
anonymous16: What would you do if you liked your best friend? Riley, right?

Riley stares at Maya's text bubble dots as they go up and down. Then they disappear.

10 minutes pass before she hears a ding. Really sits up and grabs her phone off of her nightstand.