13

"okay so the date went well." seulin said, trying to keep her cool around the other two girls who looked at her excitedly.

"did he fall to his knees and profess his undying love for you and drive off into the sunset?" jiah asked, grinning.

"...no. he did hold my hand. he tried to act cool and watch a horror movie for me but we ended up having to leave the cinema early." seulin recollected, a smile lighting up her face.

"you should have known though, judging from the time he 'felt sick' when we went to the haunted house." eunhye chimed in.

seulin just smiled dreamily, remembering everything that had happened on the date. the three of them entered the cafeteria and headed over to where daniel and taedong were seated.

they were both intensely discussing something. when the girls got closer, they discovered that the discussion was who would win between ironman and batman.

"and here i was thinking you were actually talking about something intellectual." eunhye said, sitting down opposite taedong.

"this is something intellectual, excuse you." taedong glared at her, but his mouth quickly turned to a grin after looking at her.

jiah watched as daniel and seulin shyly exchanged glances with one another. she looked to hwanwoong's usual seat wondering why it was empty at the moment.

"hey, where's hwanwoong?" jiah asked, bracing herself for the teasing that would follow.

"why? do you miss him?" taedong and eunhye said at the same time.

"aww!" they said in unison again before high fiving each other across the table.

"ahem- no i don't. im just wondering why i don't see that tiny boy with his usual dark aura around." jiah explained herself.

"he said he had something to do and he'd be here soon. so quit missing him and eat." daniel clarified, still chuckling from taedong and eunhye's outburst.

"oH jihoon! yo jihoon!" eunhye suddenly shouted, catching the attention of not only jihoon at the other end of the room but also almost everyone in the cafeteria.

"what are you doing?" taedong asked eunhye.

"kid has a crush on jiah, or something like that." eunhye said, as they all watched jihoon walking to them.

"okay... so what are you doing??" jiah repeated taedong's question.

"hi, eunhye, taedong! oh, jiah!" jihoon greeted and his smile widened when he saw jiah sitting next to eunhye.

"yes, jiah's our friend. just letting you know so if you want to try anything funny. we're watching you." eunhye joked.

jihoon laughed along, scratching his head a little. just then, jihoon's smile faded a little. jiah followed his gaze and saw hwanwoong coming to the table. she didn't even notice the smile on her own face.

"there's our woongie." taedong said, turning from jihoon to hwanwoong who had taken a seat opposite jiah.

"don't call me that and hello everyone." hwanwoong said.

"well, i better get going. see you guys around." jihoon said before turning and heading back go where he came from.

"where have you been? lunch is almost over and ji-" eunhye was cut off when jiah nudged her in the ribs.

"uhh- i was just taking care of something." hwanwoong said, narrowing his eyes at the violent exchange that just happened between jiah and eunhye.

just then the bell rang and they all let out a collective sigh.

"see you guys later." jiah said as the group parted ways and headed to their respective classes.

when jiah got back to her table in her classroom, she found a small carton of milk on it. there was a yellow post it stuck on her table next to the carton.

"if you're thirsty, drink this. so yeah."

jiah grinned looking at the awkwardly written note on the post it. she peeled off the post it and kept it in her bag, mentally thanking hwanwoong.

///

i miss updating everyday :(