010

PJM°OFFICE, NEXT DAY

Nayeon didn't come home last night. She must've stayed at Kai's house.

I don't want to care, but I do.

"Jiminie hyung" Jungkook called through the intercom

"Yeah?"

"I found you an assistant. She's very professional"

"Is she here now?"

"Yes, hyung. She's outside right now"

"Alright. Let her in, I guess" I sigh

A women in about her twenties entered my office and greeted me "Hello. I'm Jaeun."

"Hello. Take a seat" I gestured to the chair in front of my desk

"I will be your new assis—"

"I will determine that. Your files seem good but I just need you to do simple things. Is that fine" I ask

She seems confused but eventually nods "what kind of simple things?"

"I'm sure you may know. Make me coffee, work on some files while I'm at home and...feed me. I lost my source of feeding, but that's all you need to do." I lower my eye sight to the ground.

I can't believe I'm asking a random girl for blood. I would've killed her by now if I was my old self.

"As you wish" she nods

"Good. Bring me a coffee, please"

"Yes, sir. With mil—?"

"No Milk. Hurry"

I close my eyes and rub my temples.

"It doesn't feel the same" I sigh

NAYEON°KAI'S OFFICE

I stayed at Kai's house yesterday. It didn't feel the same.

I also feel different myself. I don't feel as energetic as usual and I'm always hungry.

Kai knows this building very well so he showed me to a secret storage of food. I cried when I couldn't stop myself from eating massive amounts of that 'food'.

Other than that I can see clearly now that the rain is gone🎶🎶

A/N: sry lel

"Nayeon" Kai called me.

"Yeah?"

"Stop thinking about him. I will help you get through this I promise" he smiled at me. He looks sincere and that warms my heart...do ghouls even have one?

It makes me wonder if all the times Jimin acted sweet to me was just an act.

"Do you mind getting me a coffee, Nayeon—ah?" He asked me while typing on his computer

"Yep! Sure. With milk and su—"

"Nope. Non of that but thank you" he corrects me. Oh yeah...

I walk out the office which is located on the other side of the company building.

Walking to the coffee bar, I see a lady that doesn't seem to look like one of the regular workers.

She's preparing coffee...for herself? This coffee bar is only meant for the CEO's. I think she's new.

I walk up to her "Excuse me." I try to sound as enthusiastic as I could. My energy isn't what it used to be now that I'm a creature.

She turns to me but looks away without giving me a response.

"This coffee bar isnt for regular employees. The employee lounge is one floor under." I nervously smile

Why is she ignoring me?

She turns and forces a smile. I can tell "Oh you must be mistaken, I work for CEO Jimin now. I'm his assistant."

"Wha—?"

"Jaeun. I'm having a meeting, make the coffee later. Thanks. Oh! Remember don't talk to strangers." I see Jimin walk up to her, lightly smiling.

She nods and puts the supplies she used away "Yes, sir"

They walked away to his regular meeting room, leaving me standing alone.

I sigh and quickly make the coffee for Kai and set it on the counter to clean the spills.

I suddenly feel a pain on my neck that made me crouch. My body collided with the counter making it shake and spill the hot coffee on my head "aishh!" I hiss.

My vision turns red at my pain, scaring the living life out of me. What does this mean?

I scream and try to ease the pain in my neck. I need someone, anyone.

Please help me.

"FLUFFY! IT HURTS!" I sob

JIMIN°

"Sir, she's screaming. She sounds in pain" Jaeun says as she listens to the screams outside the door.

"Let it be. It's not our business"

KAI°

You're becoming useless, Nayeon—ah. He doesn't seem affected at all. 

"Aish..."

VOTE§SHARE§FOLLOW