Chapter 43

"Why do you want to talk to Lars?"

Dave gripped the steering wheel, his attention barely on the road. "I need to let him know that he needs to move on-in person."

"That's ridiculous," he spat. "He can't take a hint to save his life."

"I know."

"And it was ridiculous that Bob came and talked to you for him."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, I did talk to Bob more than him."

We pulled up to where the Metallica guys were staying. "Wait," Dave yelped as he grabbed my arm. "What if he sees me-"

"What if he does? It doesn't matter, we aren't dating anymore."

Dave took a deep breath. "Just be careful."

"I will," I smiled at him softly. "I promise."

I gave him a soft peck on the cheek and felt accomplished as his cheeks turned a muted crimson. As I closed the door, I felt out of place-like I didn't belong. I didn't belong anymore, because I moved on.

It felt like a dream as I knocked on the front door, unsure of who was going to answer. The knob started to turn and I held my breath: here went nothing. "Bella?"

A wide-eyed Kirk greeted me, now sporting a mustache. "Hi, Kirk."

"I haven't seen you in forever," he exclaimed as he pulled me in for a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm good, you?"

"Great! We've all missed you."

"And I've missed you guys."

His smile softened. "Lars will be thrilled to see you."

"See... Can I tell you something?"

"Of course."

"I came to tell Lars that I've moved on, and hopefully convince him to do the same."

Kirk inhaled sharply. "Yikes. Bella, that's not gonna go over well..."

"I know," I nodded. "I want to just be friends with him."

"Kirk!"

Jason threw open the door. "Bella!! How are you, I haven't seen you in forever!"

He ran to me with open arms, a huge grin plastered on his face. "Hi, Jase," I giggled as he pulled me into a tight embrace.

"What are you-"

"Why is Mustaine-"

Lars appeared through the same door. "Bella!"

"Lars."

"How have you-"

And that's when everything turned.