Chapter 53

I about choked on my drink. "Excuse me, what?"

"I don't know if you can go..."

"I didn't even know there was going to be a tour and that I was going to go."

"Well, I mean... I was going to ask you, but... It is next week..."

"Whoa, whoa, hang on. You were going to ask me, but didn't."

"Yes."

"Oh, Dave, you should've asked me, now you're hitting me with everything at once!"

"I know, and I'm sorry. Would you want to go with me if you can?"

I sat there and pondered for a moment. "I'd love to go, but not if it's a bother."

"You won't be a bother," he reassured me, placing a protective hand on my arm. "Let me talk to my manager, I'm sure he'll be fine with it. It's just... None of us have had girlfriends go on tour with us before..."

"It's not a big deal if I can't," I waved it off. "I'd just chill here. I could take care of Salsa."

"I'm going to do everything I can for you to go with me. If not, I'll miss you like crazy."

"I'd miss you, too," I confessed while placing my hand on his. "Let's not worry about it right now, let's enjoy Christmas."

Junior ran over, bumping into the back of Dave's chair. "Hey, Bella, look!"

He held up a tiny sprig of mistletoe above Dave's head. I rolled my eyes teasingly, while Dave had no clue what was going on. "What's that for," I joked.

Dave turned and looked above his head, then at Junior. "What are you doing?!"

"Helping the romance."

"Junior, get outta here, you're holding it above our heads."

He let out a squall and threw it across the room. "Yikes, that was scary. I'll have to find some place to hang it up..."

He shuffled after it. "Poor Junior," I began teasing again. "You shot him down."

Dave scoffed. "Yep, I'm mean like that."

"Yeah you are!"

"Hey now," he chuckled. "No need to rub it in."

"Oh, my bad."

We talked for another hour and a half, the other guys joining in at times. "It's getting pretty late," I yawned. "I should probably head home."

"Awh," Junior pouted.

"I'll walk you out," Dave winked, grabbing some of my things.

"Thank you, guys!"

They all waved. "Thank you, it was a great dinner!"

"Can I come over tomorrow night," Dave asked as we stopped at the door.
"I have some stuff I need to do during the day."

"Of course."

"Great", he grinned at me.

"Uhm, Dave?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I found where Junior hung the mistletoe..."

He slowly looked up to be greeted by the small sprig, tacked to the ceiling above us. "Well, dang. Can't break a Christmas tradition, can we?"

"Not at all," I smirked stepping forward.

He leaned down, tipping my chin up with his hand, and met me with the softest kiss. He pulled away, smiling at me softly. "Y'know," I breathed, a big grin covering my face, "I'm not as fragile as I look. Come on, show me what you got."

We hadn't even made out yet, and I'm 99% sure we only kiss once each time.
Dave shook his head, chuckling at my reply. "Alright, alright!"

I dove forward and wrapped my arms around his neck as he bent down again. He was quite a bit taller than me, and I had a hard time reaching him. I kissed him this time, as he pulled me in tighter. I'm pretty sure I lost track of time as I became drunk off kisses.

After a while, we pulled apart. "I never knew you were like that," he breathed, trying to catch his breath. "Now I know a lot more."

"I'd hope so," I grinned. "I knew you were holding back."